Just A .925 Ring But The Design???

6 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I tried too. I figured it looked like something Egyptian, but didn't get any images that looked like that kind of horse. Maybe a Pegasus? Beautiful ring though.

Maybe a cross-bred between a Pegasus and a serpent.  LOL  Hey, they're mythical aren't they.  Maybe a Pegaserpent.  The brother of the BEAST.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thats a really cool ring with lots of intricate engraving... not your everyday find. That would be a favorite.

type in:  horse with wings and a long tail like a mermaid  (hippocampus) 

type in: seahorse with wings

(seahorses have tiny wings)

strick 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, strick said:

Thats a really cool ring with lots of intricate engraving... not your everyday find. That would be a favorite.

type in:  horse with wings and a long tail like a mermaid  (hippocampus) 

type in: seahorse with wings

(seahorses have tiny wings)

strick 

strick,

Folks, I think we have a winner of "what the heck is this BEAST on this ring?".  

Thanks strick,

cuniagau

HIPPOCAMPE and HIPPOCAMPUS (Hippokampê and Hippokampos), the mythical sea-horse, which, according to the description of Pausanias (ii. 1), was a horse, but the part of its body down from the breast was that of a sea monster or fish. The horse appears even in the Homeric poems as the symbol of Poseidon, whose chariot was drawn over the surface of the sea by swift horses. The later poets and artists conceived and represented the horses of Poseidon and other marine divinities as a combination of a horse and a fish.

• Like 3