XP Deus II Big Coil Test Part 1

Glenn in CO

Great video! I imagine that coil would be killer on a beach or open field for coverage. I just don't think I could swing it for very long given the extra weight. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cancelled Airline Guy said:

It’s 3.52oz difference between 11” and 13”x11”. 
In comparison: Equinox 11” to 15x12 coil was 5.29oz. 

Well that's not as heavy as I thought it was. Thanks for the info!

Just putting a centering device on my 11" made a big difference. If there is one for this coil the difference between the two should be fairly negligible. Looking forward to it! 👍

• Like 1

I wonder if that centering device would help my coil slide better on top of wet hard sand. My deus2 11” is always catching. I have sanded down the coil cover raised edges. But I swear my 800 glides better. So I was wondering if that device would help ergonomics and sliding on top without getting snagged all the time?

9 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Just putting a centering device on my 11" made a big difference. If there is one for this coil the difference between the two should be fairly negligible. Looking forward to it! 👍

57 minutes ago, Cancelled Airline Guy said:

I wonder if that centering device would help my coil slide better on top of wet hard sand. My deus2 11” is always catching. I have sanded down the coil cover raised edges. But I swear my 800 glides better. So I was wondering if that device would help ergonomics and sliding on top without getting snagged all the time?

I got mine here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294905629723

Seems pretty solid, and made the coil seem easier to swing. I think you did the best thing by sanding the cover edges, but if the swing torque was bothering you the centering will make it seem lighter and more controllable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just had a huge awakening. When the coil is flat on the packed sand and I unweight it for the slide, undoubtedly I am unweighting the rear of the coil more, even if it’s still touching. Less friction on back and more on front causes the front left or right side to catch an edge way too much and roll up. This doesn’t happen nearly as much with center point, because the friction is generally evenly spread unless I twist my wrist and drag the low edge which is desirable but not intuitive because your dragging slightly aft of center edge corner with Deus2. Thank you, this product will correct my issue and suits my technique and style of sweep on hard packed sand. 

I do not push my coil, I swing it left to right. A slight twist of my wrist raises the leading edge and it slides quite easily. So it’s a left right twist of the wrist. I really would prefer throwing the skid plate in the ocean but that warranty statement is screwing me up 😎.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I'm still not sure about the 13" coil, but now I'm considering the 11". 🙄

However, for the kind of detecting I do primarily, I still feel like holding out for the 10x5" coil. 😏

• Like 1