XP Deus II Big Coil Test Part 1

Glenn in CO

Yea, 9 to 11 is a 4.4oz jump. I started with 11. Took 9 months to get a 9”. That Ws6 master in the front pocket with ear buds and the 9” coil is ridiculous. But, I hunt mostly with 11, RC and wire for water. Anyhow, Im waiting on the 13x11. But if history shows anything, I’ll probably end up only hunting beaches with the 11. That’s what happened with my Nox. The big coil was awesome but it will take a toll. And I eventually got the counterweight and still went back to the 11. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cancelled Airline Guy said:

Yea, 9 to 11 is a 4.4oz jump. I started with 11. Took 9 months to get a 9”. That Ws6 master in the front pocket with ear buds and the 9” coil is ridiculous. But, I hunt mostly with 11, RC and wire for water. Anyhow, Im waiting on the 13x11. But if history shows anything, I’ll probably end up only hunting beaches with the 11. That’s what happened with my Nox. The big coil was awesome but it will take a toll. And I eventually got the counterweight and still went back to the 11. 

Yep, I did the same thing with my Nox. The 15" was great, but it's surprising how just a few extra ounces will wear you out faster on long hunts (well me anyway). The 9" on the D2 is heaven for me, so it's hard to justify going any larger for the places I hunt. If I get back to a beach though, I'll probably opt for the 11".

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 6:06 PM, CPT_GhostLight said:

Great video! I imagine that coil would be killer on a beach or open field for coverage. I just don't think I could swing it for very long given the extra weight. 

That’s what I think. Bought D2 with the 11” and now I’m considering the 9 inch. I had it with my old D1 and want it for D2 to hunt on iron infested site and vineyards..

• Like 1

I'm considering the 13, because ever since I put the centering device on the 11, I have found it to be comfortable. Changes the balance to, well, balanced. 🤣20221122_122245.thumb.jpg.0a63efbf8f98a3e856877a9defe5cfb9.jpg

If I can get the same sort of balance with the 13" I think I'll be ok with it. Watched all Gary's videos with it so far, and it looks like it might "work a treat". 😀

The field I'm in right now is kicking nearly 400 years of history, and there may just be some coins out of reach of my smaller coils.

• Like 4

On 11/22/2022 at 10:03 AM, Gary XP said:

Thanks guys 🤝

Thank You for putting out such good and informative content, Gary! I rewatch a lot of your videos to catch the nuggets of wisdom I may have missed. It has helped me immensely.

• Like 1