Suggestion For The Pulse Dive

As a recent owner of a Pulse Dive I can see one issue with it that I'd like corrected, it's basically just hand held even though it has great coil options, it is good enough to be used as an underwater detector in replacement for full featured detectors, it really is but the one thing it's lacking is a longer shaft which would make it even suitable for land use as a standard detector.

515923493_Pulsedive.thumb.jpg.263f341fa93bdeaf390b8b7ad3d26786.jpg

1428402259_pulsedive8.thumb.jpg.2a0466e3f70a9710e135682ec4f5cab7.jpg

Nokta's R&D department (Research and Duplicate) has been great with the Legend, a perfect Nox Knock 🙂 off, some even say it's better and maybe it is, so perhaps that same R&D department should get a bit of payback and duplicate a really great idea that's come from the Chinese metal detector manufacturers.

I would absolutely love this shaft for my Pulse Dive....

Please consider something like it, it would be a great addition to an already good underwater detector.  If the vibration is strong enough it should resonate right up the shaft.

• Like 3

Do you like it just as a pinpointer? 

14 minutes ago, Erik Oostra said:

Do you like it as just a pinpointer? 

Not on land, no, it's not quite up to the other options available when it comes to sensitivity to smaller targets although for depth on bigger targets it's good, but not the best, in saying that I'm not a big beach hunter so my views are invalid. 

I have a lot more faith in it for water use though, assuming the vibration resonated up the shaft, even shallow water detecting it'd be great in that situation but on land just buying a cheap extendable shaft like in that video and turning your pulse dive into a cool beach sand detector or something would be an awesome addition for a low cost, a cheap accessory for already existing owners to give it another purpose, connect it to your Nokta Green wireless headphones with a long shaft like that and you've got yourself an 8" PI beach detector for minimal cost. 

If Nokta released a similar shaft, I'd buy it straight away.

Been a shaft adapter on Ebay for awhile! Still a bit awkward though, with the handle protruding off the rear, but usable i suppose! The coil being fixed, and unable to pivot, precludes much else! Now, if the shaft were in between the coil, and the handle, it may be more functional! But the shaft mount would have to contain a pivot and a socket at the coil end, and a socket at the handle end! That would be alot of engineering, to turn it into something it was never intended to be! An adapter for the screw-on-end cap, may be another option! Either might be a challenging DIY project for some off-season fun!! 👍👍

20221113_014831.jpg

20221113_014917.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1