Ws6 Master

basstrackerman

Good morning.  Ok I've been making myself use just the ws6 over the last week or more.  I'm actually really enjoying it.  I like how it's adaptable to either using it as headphones alone, pairing it with wsa2, wsa2 XL , mounting to stem, wearing as a watch or wired headphones/earbuds.  These are all fantastic.  It basically has every setting the remote has. The couple it doesn't have are not too important.  So I'm thinking this is what I will use for the next month.  If it grows on me more then I may use only this.  

• Like 4

My only issue with WS6 Master is that in my style of detecting I like to interrogate iffy targets with multiple programs to see how the target responds.  I set this up on the remote using 2 to 4 adjacent custom programs with different parameters (tones, reactivities, filters, disc/notch patterns) geared to the site conditions and targets of interest (e.g., relics in high mineralization, coin shooting parks, beach detecting for jewelry, etc.).  I use a general search program then when I get a hit on an iffy target, I just hit the plus/minus buttons while sweeping over the target to see how the signal responds to the various other programs to help inform a dig decision. 

WS6 Master custom program Storage us not set up in a manner that allows more than ywo variants of any given built-in program.  I would really miss that program interrogation feature. 

WS6 Master works in a pinch, though, if you don't do the target interrogation thing or only occasionally have to use the more cumbersome custom program navigation setup of the WS6 because it otherwise has most of the features/settings of the remote. 

The seemungly endless coil/remote/puck & headphone/pinnpointer configuration permutations enabled by the wireless modular reconfigurability of Deus is a huge plus especially for minimalist/light/compact highly portable configurations.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, basstrackerman said:

Good morning.  Ok I've been making myself use just the ws6 over the last week or more.  I'm actually really enjoying it.  I like how it's adaptable to either using it as headphones alone, pairing it with wsa2, wsa2 XL , mounting to stem, wearing as a watch or wired headphones/earbuds.  These are all fantastic.  It basically has every setting the remote has. The couple it doesn't have are not too important.  So I'm thinking this is what I will use for the next month.  If it grows on me more then I may use only this.  

I use my WS6 as headphones alone . It is the simplest configuration as I have just to charge 2 devices , the coil and the WS6 . For me having to charge 3 devices is a little bit too much , and I dont need to change programs or settings in the field then I have no real need for the RC ..  

I have 30 hours with the WS6 up to now , I am sure you will enjoy it ... 🙂

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

My only issue with WS6 Master is that in my style of detecting I like to interrogate iffy targets with multiple programs to see how the target responds.  I set this up on the remote using 2 to 4 adjacent custom programs with different parameters (tones, reactivities, filters, disc/notch patterns) geared to the site conditions and targets of interest (e.g., relics in high mineralization, coin shooting parks, beach detecting for jewelry, etc.).  I use a general search program then when I get a hit on an iffy target, I just hit the plus/minus buttons while sweeping over the target to see how the signal responds to the various other programs to help inform a dig decision. 

WS6 Master custom program Storage us not set up in a manner that allows more than ywo variants of any given built-in program.  I would really miss that program interrogation feature. 

WS6 Master works in a pinch, though, if you don't do the target interrogation thing or only occasionally have to use the more cumbersome custom program navigation setup of the WS6 because it otherwise has most of the features/settings of the remote. 

The seemungly endless coil/remote/puck & headphone/pinnpointer configuration permutations enabled by the wireless modular reconfigurability of Deus is a huge plus especially for minimalist/light/compact highly portable configurations.

Chase I agree with most of that.  I am a minimalist for the most part and my mind doesn't work like yours.  I have tried several adjacent programs , different detectors, etc and still dig the iffy targets .  My issue is I've been detecting since 1978 and many of those older detectors would usually only give a slight clue there was a good target in the ground in iron or trash so I dug everything for the most part.  I'm trying hard to update my way of thinking lol. I've used the deus since 2013 but used whites for 30+ years.  The mxt I used for 15 or more years.  I'm still doing so much better than the old days as far as diging goodies amongst trash due to better tech.  The F75 was great compared to the detectors I used most of my life, but now I have no desire to use one since the equinox, ctx, etrac ,deus 2 etc. I know etrac is a little older but still awesome . So I am getting better about learning the new way of things thanks to reading on these forums and videos.  But anyway I no longer feel the need to spend a lot of time caparing targets with different programs or detectors, I dig it the heck outta the ground. I don't think my mindset has ever been technical like yours , but I could detect in a technical way if that makes sense.

• Like 4

Chase, I totally get where you are coming from. The way XP did the user profiles is just weird and for your scenario, awkward at best.

I do most of my detecting with Deus 2 WS6 using the Fast program variants so thankfully they are all grouped together and are easy to navigate. I wish the Park program was not sandwiched in between them and Deep HC….and I wish the Relic program was next to Deep HC also.  For now, having Mono and Goldfield next to each other has worked out really well for me for gold prospecting.

I just ordered the WSA ll headphones with the removable audio module so I can use it with my Detechs. That way I can have a choice of light weight on the ear back phones for warmer weather and excellent over the ear option for colder weather or for gold prospecting where I need really good external noise cancelling most of the time whether I mount the WS6 on the stem or keep it tucked safely away due to rough terrain or water.

Great topic…….

• Like 4

I do like the quest phones for the puck.  I don't have a pair at the moment but I do have the wsa2XL and they fit me loosely.  They sound fine but they do flop on my head at times.  I have tried the grey ghost ultimate headphones and those fit the best but sounded the worst.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

and I wish the Relic program was next to Deep HC also.

That's how I have it set up on the remote.  While hunting for the past week in high mineralized ground, I was pretty much just swapping between Deep HC (in pitch tones) and Relic with notch set at 00.  It was great and I had some great success with it this week that I will post seperately.

• Like 4