Another Relic Hunt

Nice one strick!

The only common buttplate I can find so far with a side notch like that is Sharps rifles. There are some others.👍 Great finds, silver is always good. I have found many thimbles but never a silver one. Shame you're losing that permission. 😵

Is there a screw hole on top of the plate?

• Like 2

Nice relics but damn those Avocados are the stuff!   Really a nice garden Strick.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Outstanding Garden, nice and tidy, doing well with the Avocados.

The ground you were hunting looked incredibly dry, looked some hard digging to get all those targets.

• Like 2

Great finds and the thimble looks to be in great shape.

Good luck on your next hunt, because the cold is going to get you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice one strick!

The only common buttplate I can find so far with a side notch like that is Sharps rifles. There are some others.👍 Great finds, silver is always good. I have found many thimbles but never a silver one. Shame you're losing that permission. 😵

Is there a screw hole on top of the plate?

350 yes there is another hole on the top...I have not tried to even look this one up yet...forgot to add I was using the Deus 2 in Fast program tweaked a little to my liking......the Thimble was a 94 I believe..Thanks 

strick 

thumbnail (9).jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Good hunt, can't go wrong with a silver thimble!

Surprised no coins have ever come from there 🤔

Thats cuz guys like you and Tom got there before me 😁

You know its interesting but I have found more coins in old townsites/resorts etc then I do at old single home sites..even though the old townsites were pounded long before I got there they did not get all the coins presumably due to the larger number of targets at these sites...and anyone that could afford to go to a resort or hotel for a week could afford to loose a few coins...This little spot is not on any maps. I found it while hiking around to and from areas...just a little glass laying around thats it and of course lots of nails. But yea no coins so maybe someone got there before I did. 

strick 

• Like 1