Another Relic Hunt

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

Outstanding Garden, nice and tidy, doing well with the Avocados.

The ground you were hunting looked incredibly dry, looked some hard digging to get all those targets.

Thanks...the ground there has lots of fissures/cracks that go down 7-10 inches due to the drought we have been in but despite that it is soft down to about 4 inches as we have had some rain lately. But yes I use a pick to dig targets being careful to cut wide margins. You will start to see more guys posting relics here in California now that the ground has softened up a little. The Avocado trees have taken about 7 years to get where they are now but are producing very well. 

strick 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 10:59 AM, strick said:

350 yes there is another hole on the top...I have not tried to even look this one up yet...forgot to add I was using the Deus 2 in Fast program tweaked a little to my liking......the Thimble was a 94 I believe..Thanks 

strick 

thumbnail (9).jpeg

It's a buttplate for a "patch box" rifle, possibly Kentucky or Hawken. The notch is for the box lid. Unusual!

Composite_of_Patch_Boxes_Commercial_Supplier.thumb.jpg.43e3300ff7a5d5d76c6998eb27f8d60b.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_box_(firearms)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great hunt, strick! Congrats on the silver thimble and rifle buttplate. Looks like a nice property, it's a shame to lose that. Maybe the new owner will allow you to keep hunting! 

• Like 1

Its sad to hear you'll soon lose that site.  Its a head-scratcher where all the coins are, or aren't at that place.  Nice score on the silver thimble, nonetheless!  

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 9:59 AM, strick said:

350 yes there is another hole on the top...I have not tried to even look this one up yet...forgot to add I was using the Deus 2 in Fast program tweaked a little to my liking......the Thimble was a 94 I believe..Thanks 

strick 

thumbnail (9).jpeg

I concur silver thimble in red al dirt 94 with a slight deviation 1,2 in my circumstance the other day! First for me,mine wasn't in working order as yours seems to be still of shape! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

I concur silver thimble in red al dirt 94 with a slight deviation 1,2 in my circumstance the other day! First for me,mine wasn't in working order as yours seems to be still of shape! 

Yea most of the time they are crushed..most seem to be brass or what ever...I do have a crushed silver one as well lol 

strick

Nice bunch of relics you found. Always nice to find an assortment of finds, keeps things interesting. Love the thimble!

• Like 1