Nugget Finder 17x13 For GPZ Comparison Video

phrunt

A comparison video with the stock coil and the new 17x13" Z-Search

• Like 4

Dang it! Here we have another "comparison" test with planted known targets. How did the coils compare while searching for a target? I have been seeing these nearly meaningless test for years and I have about the same opinion of them as Mr. Herschbach has of air tests. That is not to say I don't have an appreciation for the time and effort involved in making a video that some may find useful. And thanks to Mr. Phrunt for posting it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I think this guy does decent comparison videos, he does them for all the coils he buys and that's why he says unbiased as he buys the coil soon after they come out when at the time the market is flooded with videos from people "involved" in some way or another, his videos are from a paying customers stand point.   Someone in the comments on one of his videos asked if he'd do an X-coil one but he said they're too expensive, fair enough as he'd have to pay another $300 AUD or so for the coil then another $200 AUD to get his adapter made so unless you're finding a lot of gold the extra price is significant.  I'd like to see him do it though on the same targets the same way.

The results are about what I was expecting, a 14x13" vs a 17x13" with the same windings type is unlikely to give much more depth if any I think on these particular test targets. 

You just skip the waffling at the start of the video and watch it when the action takes place 🙂

• Like 5

When the market is screaming for performance CC coils, we get another DOD instead. Yawn..... all this will do is provide more coverage when searching large, open areas. If there is no performance benefit, whats the point of purchasing?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sourdough Scott said:

Was this test performed on the dog side or the cat puking up a hairball side. Makes me wonder why the Aussies use so much profanity. Regardless of what @klunkersays, I'll end up purchasing one of these, because I'm a coil addict. 

FB_IMG_1668339360934.jpg

Not all of us use profanity.

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I think this guy does decent comparison videos, he does them for all the coils he buys and that's why he says unbiased as he buys the coil soon after they come out when at the time the market is flooded with videos from people "involved" in some way or another, his videos are from a paying customers stand point.   Someone in the comments on one of his videos asked if he'd do an X-coil one but he said they're too expensive, fair enough as he'd have to pay another $300 AUD or so for the coil then another $200 AUD to get his adapter made so unless you're finding a lot of gold the extra price is significant.  I'd like to see him do it though on the same targets the same way.

The results are about what I was expecting, a 14x13" vs a 17x13" with the same windings type is unlikely to give much more depth if any I think on these particular test targets. 

You just skip the waffling at the start of the video and watch it when the action takes place 🙂

Typical big eliptical performance, no benefit. Its longer too so you'd expect it to not be any better. So many big elipticals are fizzers. Coiltek Zulu Shield, useless, NF 17 Advantage no better than the Commander, this looks to along the same fizzer path. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While it's very early days atm for the NF 17 x 13, it's hardly a fizzer. 

I have used mine for 4 very short sessions. 1 session was patch hunting, and I didn't get a target.

Next session was on an old patch where I was really just mucking around with some settings, as it was quite noisy, I ended up with a 7 gram nugget that I missed on my previous trips there. 

Next session was playing with settings again, and this time I got a 5 grammar, and speccie with 4 grams of nuggets and 4 grams of fines in it. So that's 20 grams of gold off a flogged out patch, just playing with settings that I still am not happy are the right ones yet. It's our tropical wet season here and thunder storms have just about finished the season for me now.

While I have not used the x coils, which I am confident are excellent coils, I think the 17 x 13 nf will be a good coil for me. Covers plenty of ground, gives a good response, and punches as least as deep as the standard coil. Oh yeah, also picked up a .4 gram nugget at good depth. The patch I am working has had 2 x 6000s over it with 11", 17 x13 and the dd coils over it, my zed with 12" nf and gpx 5k with 14" coiltek elite.

Now the 17 x 13 nf zed over it, but not in optimal settings, I'm still working on that....lol.

It's not a dud coil, it's already paid for itself.

20221104_125227.jpg

20221029_162826.jpg

20221023_203755.jpg

• Like 9