Minelab Maniac Mayhem Sale Starts Today With Free Gold Monster 1000 Or Other

12 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Would you do the deal?  Which one?

I think it would depend on the customer and where they plan on detecting.

A new prospector to the nugget hunting game in the US would probably be best off with a GPX-6000 as their chances of success at finding gold go up quite a bit with the performance of the 6 when compared to the 7 at the majority of sites we have been detecting for gold.

An experienced and well educated nugget hunter usually has the stamina and mindset to go many times without success and it does not destroy their desire.  They realize the gold will eventually come and the few extra inches the 7 provides on larger and or more dense gold will be their reward.

My own staff are split and some still own/use their 7's and don't own a 6.  Then the flip side, I have staff who sold their 7's and only use the 6.  But what's most interesting is they all are on board with the new Axiom and it's overall performance for the price point.  At the end of the day, I prefer customers to always stay within their budget as to most of us, a detector is a hobby and just another tool for the hobby.

What do you think is the better way to go Mitchel, no wrong answer.

• Like 2

I like that you are still keeping the Axiom in the mix.  The need for a 6000 and an Axiom seems to be small.  It would be redundant?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, billdean said:

I suspect this was done to discourage people from buying Garret’s Axiom. I am sure some think 2 is better than one. I guess time will tell. With the problems some are having with the 6000 it may not work anyway. It just my opinion.

Similar tactic of announcing the Manticore ( which no one knows the release date ) to slow or stop the Deus ll. I agree, their running scared . 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

I like that you are still keeping the Axiom in the mix.  The need for a 6000 and an Axiom seems to be small.  It would be redundant?

For many folks the price difference of the Axiom and $2K more of a GPX-6000 is not it.  Now if I was hunting Rye Patch, NV, I still feel the GPX-6000 is best at the remaining bits of gold left.  Yes the Axiom can and has found small gold for many of the field testers but the 6 has a slight and mean slight edge.  Now once you go anywhere else and want to fine tune a detector, want to be able to handle more hot rocks, have a better coil selection and detect in more severe ground soils, the Axiom is my choice.  Now if I knew Minelab would give us a software update for the GPX-6000 to do the other things, maybe lean back to it.

What's most advantageous, is the ability to get options and that's what the Axiom provides.  Or come Jan 1st we see the Axiom offered with a free Garrett AT Gold....🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1