Pounded Site Still Producing

6 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Wow, it's like you never hunted it before. That's some nice finds. Everything nice and clean. IH is in great shape. Good ground.

I soak the items in hydrogen perxiode to remove most of the dirt that were in the first set of photos. Then I used Andre' pencils on the items shown in the second set of photos with the exception of the Barber dime. The Andre pencils do a great job on cleaning corrosion on items such as copper, brass and aluminum.

The area that is available to hunt is very large in size, I measured it on Google Earth and it is a 1/3 of a mile wide and 3/4 mile long. The area where the houses, stores, school and mine buildings are located measures about 1000 ft wide and 2400 ft long. We were very surprised on the amount of non-ferrous targets that were still in ground, maybe being masked by the large amount of iron on top and below the surface.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

What a great collection of finds! Like others have said it's like no one was ever there. 👍 The Deus is doing you good!

The medal is St. Benedict, a Catholic religious pendant. Here's one I found on the internet like it:il_794xN.3243265979_s6v8.jpg.ea4b4aa80b559b4c688272c1f070b28c.jpg

2 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

Thanks F350 and Againstmywill for the information. I sure needed Saint Benedict (catholic medal of exorcism against evil) help that day because that was evil and brutal.👿

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Glenn, you consistently impress whether it's gold or coins&relics.  All that in one day's hunt?

That small container might be for pills.  What is the composition of the tokens?  Aluminum? They survived quite well.  That miner's tag looks like it's made of iron.  I have found brass ones but not iron, but I don't dig targets with dTID less than nickel 3-cent piece (except when gold detecting).  Along the lines of what JCR said, your junkpile looks like my best finds on many of my ghost town detects.

Thanks for the compliment. The tokens are aluminum, I found the same tokens more than a decade ago at this site that were in better shape, I didn't find a 25 cent one this time which would made a complete set. The miner's tag is iron and I eyeballed that tag, since it had a number on it I couldn't leave it there to eventually rust away. Digging a lot of large sounding targets on these last two outings hoping there might be a railroad lock or some other unique item. Anyway it's great to see this site come alive again.

• Like 2

Great looking finds and I like the IH the way you can clearly see the date on it.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Nice work lots of goodies there. Wish I had some hunted out spots like that lol...I’ve found that same exact catholic pendant but a little more worn. Thanks for posting. 

Strick

• Thanks 1