Got A Little Bit Of Everything Today

Dang, those are some more great finds! What an awesome location and congrats on so many cool saves, but the rosette, gilded buttons, and seated half dime are my faves. Well done!

So did the centering device on the 11" coil help any with the arm fatigue?

• Like 1

Very nice hunt with several nice items.

Glad you are doing well with the Deus 2, but don't forget about the Nox as she will get mad at you.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Dang, those are some more great finds! What an awesome location and congrats on so many cool saves, but the rosette, gilded buttons, and seated half dime are my faves. Well done!

So did the centering device on the 11" coil help any with the arm fatigue?

Thanks Cap'n! Of late I seen to be "bringing home the bacon", I think you, NCtoad, strick, Glenn in CO, and a few others (sorry if I didn't mention you) are showing that the Deus 2 will definitely "Find More Stuff™". 🤣

I wonder if it has magicks, or if it just gives you a renewed interest and concentration in looking, and has a bit superior control capability than its ilk. 😁 Suffice to say I think I'll keep it. 🤔

On to the centering device: When I first swung the detector indoors after installing it, I think I heard The Platters sing "My Prayer". 🤣 I knew it was going to be an improvement, and it was, my arm didn't ache after a couple hours, and it seemed more balanced. It also didn't fall over. I think it does go a little deeper than the 9", and some of my first impressions of it may have been erroneous.

Here's a link for the one I bought, it's a bit crude according to a friend that also prints, but it's a fair price and seems solid, for sure the ears are really thick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294905629723

I would recommend it. 👍

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Nice job 👍  Like the rosette, and how can you go wrong with seated half dime!!!  

Thanks! Used your lemon juice method again on the gold buttons.

Odd that this year more Civil War relics are turning up. 🤔 Maybe I'm just getting better at being in the right place. 😀

This area is not famous for anything Civil War, they merely provided recruits and militia to the Confederate effort and were a breadbasket of sorts. Being a peninsula it is fairly defendable, but more important seems to be the passivity of the residents in each incident on our soil. It was raided in Revolutionary times and the War of 1812. Heck even John Wilkes Booth hid out in the town one of my beaches is in, where he was cornered and shot. 😀colonial-beach-john-wilkes-booth-site.jpg.03642119f3fef6045765310b708e81b5.jpg

There's a ton of history here, a few Presidents and big names. It hasn't changed much, so there's stuff to be found.

Second half dime I've found here, holed but whole. 😀 Too bad the soil is not kind to them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Glenn in CO said:

Outstanding finds👍, hopefully you can come back sooner rather than later to hunt that area again.

Thanks Glenn, I was a bit reluctant to post after seeing your excellent finds with the D2. 😵 I think we're all finding it to be a contender in the SMF world, it just took a while for us to settle into its capabilities.

I'm going to have to bring the owner a relic box of select stuff I found here, and find out what the restrictions are. Never assume you can just go back to a farm. 🤔

3 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

don't forget about the Nox as she will get mad at you.

Hey VL,

Thanks for the compliment and reminder. 👍

I've been meaning to get out more with the D2 this season because I still have a lot to learn. I also have an old Tesoro Vaquero that needs attention, I'm waiting for the field in front of my house to be cleared. No worries, the Equinox will be out there. 😀

• Like 1