Got A Little Bit Of Everything Today

4 minutes ago, strick said:

Gonna have to change your name to “The Button Man” nice work 350 🙂

strick

Thanks!

It gets ever apparent that most of what people lost here were buttons, either the heavier metals have sunk past the reach of VLFs, or most were not very wealthy. In some cases the places have been cleaned out of easy targets. For sure most of the finer houses are on the Historic Register and are for the most part inaccessible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rick N. MI said:

Nice hunt. Your in a good spot.

Thanks Rick, hope I can get back there but I think it's going to be off limits for the season. Going to go check a few other places out.

Very nice finds Sir. The buttons are great. I'm still looking for a Half Dime.

On the US bridle rosette, it looks to be stamped instead of cast. I am no Civil War expert but I was thinking those of that era were cast brass. I found a stamped brass one that looks like yours at a late 19th century homesite. When I researched it I settled on late 19th-early 20th century issue. Evidently a lot of military horse tack was sold as surplus at different times to the general public even way back.

I have about half of an old virgin half mile track I have been hunting a few years now. Unfortunately the Grand Stand area has modern houses sitting on it. Still, an amazing variety of finds have come off of it, especially in the area where the working girls operated.

Keep posting.

Thanks

• Like 1

That combo of Deus 2 and new 11in coil is doing great right off the bat!  I'm glad to hear the coil-centering unit did the trick and made the coil much nicer to swing.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JCR said:

Very nice finds Sir. The buttons are great. I'm still looking for a Half Dime.

On the US bridle rosette, it looks to be stamped instead of cast. I am no Civil War expert but I was thinking those of that era were cast brass. I found a stamped brass one that looks like yours at a late 19th century homesite. When I researched it I settled on late 19th-early 20th century issue. Evidently a lot of military horse tack was sold as surplus at different times to the general public even way back.

I have about half of an old virgin half mile track I have been hunting a few years now. Unfortunately the Grand Stand area has modern houses sitting on it. Still, an amazing variety of finds have come off of it, especially in the area where the working girls operated.

Keep posting.

Thanks

Thanks JCR!

From WW1 on the font changed, they ended the block font. The WW1 and later "US" looks like the US I typed, but yeah, who knows!

That site of yours sounds cool, I'll be right over. 🤣

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Calmark said:

That combo of Deus 2 and new 11in coil is doing great right off the bat!  I'm glad to hear the coil-centering unit did the trick and made the coil much nicer to swing.  :biggrin:

Thanks!

At first I didn't like it at all, but now it feels like my Equinox in weight. If I get the 13x9 I'll probably get a device for that too.

The 11" should be enough. Instead I should get a 15" and a sling for the Equinox 😀 Actually, I already have the sling.

• Like 1