Back To The Coal Mining Town

That looks to be made of Pewter. Very old too. The 'Crown" may be a vase of flowers.

Smart idea to make a composite photo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I made a composite image of the front and back of the mystery item

Absolutely brilliant. 👍

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 11:45 AM, CPT_GhostLight said:

Even though I didn't find any coins this trip, all in all it was a great time and I really appreciate the people that have taken me under their wing to help teach me the ropes!

Glad you had a great time, detecting a site like this can discourage a lot of people because amount of trash. I think all of us are still learning something every time we are out detecting, at least me anyway. I think the more hours we put on these detectors, great finds will come our way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Glenn in CO said:

Glad you had a great time, detecting a site like this can discourage a lot of people because amount of trash. I think all of us are still learning something every time we are out detecting, at least me anyway. I think the more hours we put on these detectors, great finds will come our way.

Thank you again, Glenn. I try to learn something everytime I go out as well, since I have so much to learn. I truly appreciate the opportunity to hunt with you and the tips you have given me have helped me greatly.

Nice bunch of relics! Always love the assortment of stuff people find relic hunting, keeps thing interesting.

• Like 2

Thanks, abenson! I'm relatively new to relic hunting so I tend to keep what seasoned relic hunters call trash. But to me it's a connection to people and places from another time and pieces of history that would be lost in many cases to "progress", so I just can't leave things behind. 😏

• Like 2