Finally Had Some Rain, So Mission Grab A Relic But Save The Grass Commenced!

Haven't posted in a bit! Hope everyone has been well,lucky and or productive in life/detecting!

I've been out less then I'd like over the last 3,4 months! I have been out just short hunts here and there with 1,2 decent finds per 7/10 outings! Example like 1 bullet,1 button,1 100yr old coin nothing amazing but those kinda outings which are great if it's all ya got! Huh

Today,same ol'union outpost I've hit many times and swung hundreds of hours no bull but facts! D2 setup with pitch,notch like a tnsquirellslayerwould!

He's spot on as I've ran it getting the 07,08,09 and did great but today with squirrel slayers notch I liked what I saw! Last few trips maybe 5hrs seemed like I was starting to struggle whether from 07,pitch hitting thousands of swarps or just digging moronic idk but for sure struggled at this site! 

As you can see it has the carpet o nail,metal bits. Of course I was fooled on a few bigs,the big ass bolt and the bent 90° nails as I run it open with notch no silencer. When she locks on and I don't anxiously dig shitty signals on anticipation the D2 is king dingaling for sure! 

I saw some of those one fellers banging up they're tehons brand in iron and another talking of a explorer and boy if they have good sights I'd sure go out of my way to follow em around with this dues! Since getting this unit I've hunted same ol places I've hit from atpro,multikruzer and pounded with my eq800 and I've absolutely killed it this year since getting the D2!  Luck,difference of 9" to 11" idk the correlation as absolute but I'm gonna land on D2 is a bad ass machine if one knows how to caress her properly! 

Yall take care and enjoy life,family and the upcoming holidays!

20221115_200209.jpg

20221115_200143.jpg

20221115_200136.jpg

20221115_195936.jpg

20221115_200044.jpg

20221115_200102.jpg

• Like 7

Nice hunt and a lot of digging, I hope your back gets better after all that

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice hunt and a lot of digging, I hope your back gets better after all that

Good luck on your next hunt.

Not as much digging as you'd think! 3/4 of the mess is co-located shrapnel atleast 3/4. It's the kinda place whr no hole is single target! Was a readout/outpost "union" guarding a particular object and was occupied 20/30men for 2 years or more! Lotta things in the ground to say the least!

• Like 3

That's a great haul, Cd! It looks like the D2 is treating you right or visa-versa. 😉 Congrats on the minne balls, button and it also looks like you got a silver thimble too, well done!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

That's a great haul, Cd! It looks like the D2 is treating you right or visa-versa. 😉 Congrats on the miine balls, button and it also looks like you got a silver thimble too, well done!

Yeah, the thimble was a 2 day old dig from bfe Huntsville al in town beside my hotel. Digging on usgs maps 1936 variety old home hopeful kinda spot. The thimble is 1908-1912 stern brothers confirmed be stamp/makers mark. May pry a old coin outta the long lost roadside strip or I hope to. I basically never swing on prayer but only if I can see hope on a map or have confirmed something was around through reading! The usgs maps and coralated things to topo maps with proof have greatly upped my game since D2 reinvigorated my 1 and only escape! For certain has been the tool that basically lead me to doubling or tripling my cw finds along with 100+ year old anything! 

I have also found countless bottle piles from confirmed i.d.'s 1920's-1940's-60's. I grab a 1 of each at every pile and confirm makes and models then add em to my hoard. I don't know much about the bottle world at all and only really retail prices on interweb but I could go gather $20 interweb priced coke/dr.pepper/mason/clorox bottles for the next few months if it was something I should do. I just don't know or care that much as of now anyway. Hard to have my iron burning in to many forges.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

That's a great haul, Cd! It looks like the D2 is treating you right or visa-versa. 😉 Congrats on the minne balls, button and it also looks like you got a silver thimble too, well done!

Thanks btw lol

• Like 1