Garrett Axiom Is Shipping!

I just received an email from my distributor confirming my order.

“Should be at the Sparks (Nevada) warehouse soon”.

I asked about the accessory coils and they’re not available yet.

Thought everyone would like to hear the good news!

Walt

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Good to know, and good to be done with this project. It’s been fun, but I’m looking forward to just doing the kind of detecting I want to do, when I want to do it. It will be fun instead to see what people think of the Axiom, as the first owner reports start to filter in. I better stock up on popcorn! :smile:

Now that have used it a lot, will you still use your Equinox for nugget hunting?

Hey Guys/Gals,

That is correct, American Detector Distributor has confirmed our shipment and should arrive soon.  We will have both Garrett Axiom Metal Detector Packages available.  We will make sure to get all our pre-orders that are pre-paid first out, then pre-orders list next.  We should have enough to supply our current orders and anyone else interested in the purchase.  

Going to be exciting times now that Garrett has an amazing Pulse Induction detector.

God Bless,

Rob

• Like 3

8 hours ago, rled2005 said:

Now that have used it a lot, will you still use your Equinox for nugget hunting?

I almost never use my Equinox for nugget hunting. I use PI detectors for nugget hunting 99% of the time. I have used the Nox to find gold, and often have it along as a backup machine, or just in case I might want to play in an exceptionally trashy area, but fact is I almost never actually turn it on for that use. Fact is I almost never use VLF detectors, except when I am testing them for somebody. I do use the Nox now and then up at Tahoe for beach detecting. In the last year I have used the Axiom almost exclusively, with Nox used for beach detecting at Tahoe a couple times. Last time I found a nugget with the Nox was in Alaska summer before last, and even then I was just sort of playing around with it. That kind of sums up VLFs and me for nugget hunting. I play around with them a bit for fun, but any time I have hunted gold seriously in the last decade I have been swinging a PI.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I almost never use my Equinox for nugget hunting. I use PI detectors for nugget hunting 99% of the time. I have used the Nox to find gold, and often have it along as a backup machine, or just in case I might want to play in an exceptionally trashy area, but fact is I almost never actually turn it on for that use. Fact is I almost never use VLF detectors, except when I am testing them for somebody. I do use the Nox now and then up at Tahoe for beach detecting. In the last year I have used the Axiom almost exclusively, with Nox used for beach detecting at Tahoe a couple times. Last time I found a nugget with the Nox was in Alaska summer before last, and even then I was just sort of playing around with it. That kind of sums up VLFs and me for nugget hunting. I play around with them a bit for fun, but any time I have hunted gold seriously in the last decade I have been swinging a PI.

I assume that goes for the 24K also. I’ve been cleaning out a few detectors with hopes of purchasing the Axiom.

50 minutes ago, rled2005 said:

I assume that goes for the 24K also. I’ve been cleaning out a few detectors with hopes of purchasing the Axiom.

Like I said, I basically only use PI detectors. I spend 90% plus of my time going after gold nuggets. The rest of the time on the beach. I’ll normally use a PI in either case, though the Nox will sometimes get used at the beach also. And that’s really been about it for some time. I am going to sell the Deus 2 that I got to try out, as I’d rather use the Nox at the beach and for nuggets. I my very well sell the 24K also, as my Micronox is simply more convenient to have along just in case. I’m basically getting it down to two detectors, the Axiom and Nox. I have a DFX I have to keep since it runs my rarer than gold Bigfoot coil. But for now everything else can go, and probably will.

I’ve toyed with the idea of getting another GPX 6000, but I won’t even consider it until all the units on shelves now get flushed out, and newer units with bug fixes installed at the factory are available. Even then it hinges on my desire to do much more desert detecting, as it excels out there with a large coil for covering ground. But those four hour drives, with lots of it on dirt roads, and declining results, have me focusing more on the California nail pits. The Axiom with its superior hot rock handling and iron check genuinely is as good or even a better option for that area, and so right now I’m pretty well set for next year.

Axiom + Micronox = Near Perfect Pair?

garrett-axiom-minelab-equinox.jpg

• Like 7