Final Trip Of 2022 To N. Nevada & Rye Patch Results

2 minutes ago, Lunk said:

I certainly will, especially in hot rock hell type areas where the GPX 6000 runs into trouble. 

We’ll see… really curious how it goes. I am planning on meeting up this winter with you Lunk. Already serviced 6k with a Coiltek 10”.  
-Anthony

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

We’ll see… really curious how it goes. I am planning on meeting up this winter with you Lunk. Already serviced 6k with a Coiltek 10”.  
-Anthony

Yes, that Goldhawk is a brilliant little coil, Anthony. Just PM me here when you want to hook up. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/17/2022 at 6:52 AM, deathray said:

Nice man. I know how the walker was still there...Brian and Tom haven't been there yet, ha.  Good assortment of finds, nice pics, and great write up. Thanks!

I'm sure they have, it's right off the freeway and you get to hear the trucks in the background all day.  I even have to crop my pics so folks don't see the road and background.  That's almost as bad as saying "I found it right here".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Great story and photos Gerry, thanks for sharing!

I didn't know if it was ok to post the coins/relic pics but they were part of the trip and the main reason I was in NV to begin with was so I my team could teach on the gold detectors.

57 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I didn't know if it was ok to post the coins/relic pics but they were part of the trip and the main reason I was in NV to begin with was so I my team could teach on the gold detectors.

Great story and photos Gerry.Personally I get far more pleasure and excitement from seeing the relics and especially the Tokens than I do the nuggets.I've always been considered to be a different breed of cat by my digging friends and associates because of the fact that I would rather dig a Token than most of the coins that are encountered.The Amethyst colored tray with the embossed Griffin might possibly be an advertising piece from a San Francisco liquor agency? The concrete shack could be for dynamite or black powder storage? Thanks for sharing your adventures the great finds! D.B.

• Like 3

Gerry,

It was great to chat with you on our last day at Rye Patch. I was curious about what the weather did to you since we bailed the day before it got bad. Great results! It was also great to see Lucky again and meet Brett. That Goldhawk is an awesome coil. It kept the skunk away on at least 3 days for me and it's also popped the three smallest nuggets in our poke.

Mike

• Like 2

On 11/18/2022 at 1:23 PM, Arky said:

Gerry,

It was great to chat with you on our last day at Rye Patch. I was curious about what the weather did to you since we bailed the day before it got bad. Great results! It was also great to see Lucky again and meet Brett. That Goldhawk is an awesome coil. It kept the skunk away on at least 3 days for me and it's also popped the three smallest nuggets in our poke.

Mike

Mike,  We didn't freeze to death but it was cold.  You and the wife be in AZ this winter?

Let me know when either of you need a new detector.

Stay safe this winter and warm.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 1:45 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

An interesting pic for you all to figure out what that cement looking thing is.  Funny I have seen them before but never up close.  Anyone know?

Already been said, but these are a telegraph booth. Common along lots of railway sidings. Hint is in the comm lines in the background of the pic. Often upgraded to telephone after WW1. We also have these in Oz, but often prefab timber kit construction. Sadly they rot away and are somewhat uncommon to see anymore. The concrete ones last forever lol

• Like 3