Buttons, Buckle And Other Stuff

Just now, abenson said:

Nice bunch of stuff. Love the navy button, is it tin backed or brass?

It's brass, still has the shank.20221118_182919.thumb.jpg.70e4171c49af814247686682e44b3abf.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, abenson said:

I know the tin backed ones are 1830-1850's I would assume yours is from the same time period.

Thanks, yeah that's about all I can find, the dots instead of stars are curious.

• Like 1

Nice assortment of History for today. You should move those two parasol slides from the trash pile to the keepers!

Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JCR said:

You should move those two parasol slides from the trash pile to the keepers!

Forgot that's what they are. 😀 They look like grommets. Thanks!

• Like 2

Wow, you are cleaning up that site. It looks like that deus 2 is working really well for you. I might have to get one. Just waiting to see what the Manticore can do.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rick N. MI said:

Wow, you are cleaning up that site. It looks like that deus 2 is working really well for you. I might have to get one. Just waiting to see what the Manticore can do.

I think at this point if you haven't bought a Deus 2, you might as well wait for the M-core and see what it's doing after the BS dies down. There are a few of us die-hards learning this detector, in my case to justify my investment, and it does great in my non-mineralized "paradise" as would any mid range machine.

I don't think I would have missed any of this stuff with my Equinox. 😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very nice of you to make the arrangement of finds for your friend as it shows what type of person you are.

Glad to see the finds today and I know that there will be many more for you to find.

It's a shame you can't swing both the NOX and Deus 2 at the same time so you don't miss anything really great.

I guess that's the nice part of being able to go back over the area with another detector and out of the house.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1