Buttons, Buckle And Other Stuff

Great finds again, F350 and love the naval button, That box you gave to the land owner was awesome! You got a whole lot of goodwill with that. You'll probably have that permission for life, well done again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Great finds again, F350 and love the naval button, That box you gave to the land owner was awesome! You got a whole lot of goodwill with that. You'll probably have that permission for life, well done again!

Thanks Cap'n. Don't know if I ever mentioned it but that is a colloquialism here. 😀 Not only is it all farms, it's also a big place for watermen, if you don't have a boat here your juju is weak. "Well, Cap'n I can tell ya" is a common phrase.

This place is loaded with stuff, but it's huge. Random great finds all over the place (not many coins), I've found one KG copper, a bunch of IHPs, wheats, a couple V nickels, and 7 silvers, two were Spanish. Chase got a 1650 half reale cob there. Over 1,000 acres of land to search. It's been hit but only in the obvious places. We're hoping for gold at some point. Mostly buttons and buckles! My favorite.

I wanted to show a great way to thank your "permissions", for me it's not hard to part with stuff I find, it belongs to them anyway. 😀 The 3x5 is easy to display, and doesn't hold much 😏

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

You probably have his friends calling to ask if you can hunt their land..👍

That would be nice, and a lot better than people calling him to let them hunt his land! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That is a very attractive display case made up of some spectacular finds!  

I hope it is like a down payment on karma so you will someday find a valuable cache somewhere out on all of those properties.  :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Presenting and gifting him with the dog tag showed a lot of class.It doesn't get much better than that  and  is one of detectings greatest rewards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Calmark said:

That is a very attractive display case made up of some spectacular finds!  

I hope it is like a down payment on karma so you will someday find a valuable cache somewhere out on all of those properties.  :biggrin:

Thanks!

That's the general idea. He's very generous, he's let others detect there. I outdid them a bit. 😀

It's a lot of ground to cover, every time I talk to him he's always thinking of another place to look, and I've enlightened him in some cases. Got an interesting hunt coming up when the woods get less dense. That's all I'll say for now. 😁

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

Presenting and gifting him with the dog tag showed a lot of class.It doesn't get much better than that  and  is one of detectings greatest rewards.

Thank you!

It's kind of bittersweet, he told me some stories about the dog. Kinda saddened him but he was happy to get it back.

The old school where I used to work was next door, one day the dog ("Moe") was missing, he went over to the school and asked the maintenance guy if he'd seen the dog. The guy said "oh, you mean Moe?" Then he called out, "Moe, your ride is here!"

The dog came trotting out of the back where he was drinking water the guy gave him in a bowl. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thank you!

It's kind of bittersweet, he told me some stories about the dog. Kinda saddened him but he was happy to get it back.

The old school where I used to work was next door, one day the dog ("Moe") was missing, he went over to the school and asked the maintenance guy if he'd seen the dog. The guy said "oh, you mean Moe?" Then he called out, "Moe, your ride is here!"

The dog came trotting out of the back where he was drinking water the guy gave him in a bowl. 😀

Quite a story👍😊

Nice digs! That's a nice gesture to give the land owner a finds display from his property. Those acts of kindness can pay off in spades with more permissions 🙂

The Navy button should be around 1850's, back probably says Scolville & Co.

• Thanks 1