Garrett 24k

Smigo

Serious Detecting in the USA ships to NZ so I assume they will ship to Australia too, give them a shot.  I've bought a few things from them over the years.  They're on Ebay and you can use Paypal for buyer protection if something goes wrong with the USPS they use, which it very well may, it has for me.

One of the things I really like a lot about my 24k over other detectors is its bullet proof when it comes to knocks, no knock sensitivity at all.  I have the Garrett version though, can't speak for the Whites version.

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Serious Detecting in the USA ships to NZ so I assume they will ship to Australia too, give them a shot.  I've bought a few things from them over the years.  They're on Ebay and you can use Paypal for buyer protection if something goes wrong with the USPS they use, which it very well may, it has for me.

One of the things I really like a lot about my 24k over other detectors is its bullet proof when it comes to knocks, no knock sensitivity at all.  I have the Garrett version though, can't speak for the Whites version.

Hi mate. No, and yes. I got my 6" from them but they refused to ship me a coil cover for the Garrett.

• Sad 1

Ok, was out the backyard. Away from town no interference. I can hit the coil with a stick and get no hint of a false. It is what it is I guess. 

yea, falsing caused by minerals in the soil by the looks of it, I experience this with the GM 1000 and it is improved by very regular ground balancing by pumping and not waiting around for its auto tracking, I guess the 24k isn't balancing the soil optimally. Does lowering sensitivity help at all? Obviously you've tried that but does it improve it at all? Also raising your Sat to 2?

I have just recently started swinging the Garrett's 24 K and I will say I have had zero issues with it being knock sensitive and I scrub the ground and bump the coil into some pretty serious rocks while trying to get in and around them, my GM 1000 was not that way it sounded off with the slightest of bumps into obstacles.

the 24 K is a real pleasure to swing where I detect

• Like 2

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

yea, falsing caused by minerals in the soil by the looks of it, I experience this with the GM 1000 and it is improved by very regular ground balancing by pumping and not waiting around for its auto tracking, I guess the 24k isn't balancing the soil optimally. Does lowering sensitivity help at all? Obviously you've tried that but does it improve it at all? Also raising your Sat to 2?

Iv done everything bar take it out to a nightclub. Is what it is I guess. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, phrunt said:

Forgot to add. As in my first posts its not mineralised ground doing it, its the mild stuff where its happening. The hotter and wilder the ground the quieter it runs. 

Im going to put it down to the ground type is one that is not in its algorithms and it spits the dummy in it not knowing where to set what for a stable operation. 

Cheers all and thanks for the replies and thoughts.👍

• Like 1