Eric Foster Passed Away

Update on Eric. For those of you who would like to attend his service,

It will be on zoom, Friday the 25th at 2pm British time

851 2635 9266 passcode 251122

80FF911D-EE0A-45A3-BE3A-C9501B62BD72.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Geotech said:

This is sad news indeed. I worked with Eric a lot and had hoped to visit with him one more time but then Covid arrived. Eric's willingness to share his knowledge is a key reason Geotech was created and also why I have spent most of my time focusing on PI technology. He was not only generous, he was a very kind man. I will miss him greatly.

He spoke of you, many many times. I think you effected his life more than you know. Please see his service announcement on this page.

• Like 1

For those of you who would like to attend Eric’s service, it will be on Zoom

Friday the 25th at 2pm British time    851 2635 9266         passcode 251122

AD4071DA-7E44-4D45-AB20-D9068C57A176.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m glad Lillie provided this. I’ve been in contact with her and she gave me the Zoom details but I’m glad she’s made it public as I wasn’t sure if that was the case or not. 

If I get time, I’ll make the drive to Bridport, Dorset in the UK in December. I’ve got the name of the pub where he enjoyed a nice pint of beer and Fish & Chips. If the weather is good, I’ll head on down to the beach at West Bay (where that photo is)……..missed that opportunity to do that with him in 2018 😞

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tony said:

I’m glad Lillie provided this. I’ve been in contact with her and she gave me the Zoom details but I’m glad she’s made it public as I wasn’t sure if that was the case or not. 

She asked me to post in Eric’s behalf. You mentioned earlier you had recently lost touch with Eric. The last five months have not been easy for him. He had shingles, a terrible ulcer on his ankle that caused issues walking and had the need for a hernia operation all at the same time. It seems the operating rooms were tied up coupled with a shortage of nurses because of wage strikes.

Thank you…..I kind of assumed things weren’t going well and I didn’t want to intrude too much. It really saddens me that his final weeks and months weren’t comfortable for him. He has peace now.

Eric was a very generous soul. I communicated with him a lot on the TDI project, and he reached out to me out of the blue not long ago to offer me a coil for the Impulse. For free, and though I turned down his kind offer, it shows the way he was. His willingness to share knowledge is legendary. Were that there were more people in the world like him - he will be missed. My condolences to those who loved him most. Rest In Peace Eric.

• Like 7

For those who would like to attend Eric’s service, it will be on Zoom  Friday the 25th at 2pm British time 

851 2635 9266 passcode 251122

8F1B7589-C8C6-4F5B-910D-28D0800E22D5.jpeg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Eric Foster Passed Away