Where's The Go Terrain App For Us Here In Us?

Glenn in CO

It seems to have stalled out in the European theater. I use the Tect O Trak app on my iPhone. It's available for Android too and has similar functions as the Go Terrain app, but it's $9 (if I remember correctly) one time charge and no subscription needed. It works pretty well for me when I remember to use it. 😏

http://historyhunters.co.uk/tectotrak-ios

Biggest disappointment in the XP D2 platform. The GPS capabilities on my CTX really helped me to establish hot zones and I had high hopes it would happen with the GoTerrain. I don't think we will ever see it with the D2 in the states because as a market base I don't feel we are on par with Europe in their minds. 

• Sad 1

OnX Hunt is by far the most useful app I've found. It's not cheap at ~$29 a year, but for that you get property lines and owner info and a lot more. It also will "bread crumb" track, and will allow you to mark spots and save photos. I mark buildings and ground anomalies from aerial photos and lidar maps using it.

TectOTrak will track you and allow photos and markers as well. I have both, but use OnX Hunt more.

Honestly, apps that do most of their work through social media don't appeal to me.

• Like 2

How many of us D2 users would use the Go Terrain App if it was available in the US? It looks cool and all but that's not why I bought the D2 and I hardly ever even use my Tect O Trak app. If I'm working a large site over time, I use it, but for casual hunts, I don't. 

What is the price of the Go Terrain subscription? It seems like OnX Hunt that F350 mentioned would be a more cost effective alternative. Another consideration is, how much battery and DSP does Go Terrain use on the D2?

I'm sure it would be very useful for some D2 users, but personally I can live without it, but also that's just from my perspective.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 1:19 PM, CPT_GhostLight said:

It seems like OnX Hunt that F350 mentioned

It's $29 a year for each state you want all the property lines and owners names. Might be an additional state discount, I only have my home state.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

It's $29 a year for each state you want all the property lines and owners names. Might be an additional state discount, I only have my home state.

That's not a bad price at all. That's the same as my Gaia GPS Premium app. It looks like the apps are very similar. Since I'm mostly a city hunter, I don't use any apps much, but they are nice to have on hand when I'm out in the boonies, which I hope to do more after the snow season. Now if I could just find that Incinerator 5000 Mega Snow Melting/Ground Thawing/Trash Burning Heated Coil (Patent Pending) for XP-D2... in the 10x5" size! 😎

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 5:34 PM, F350Platinum said:

Look at  onX Off Road.  Same as onX Hunt without the hunting boundaries.  Also works with Android Auto so you can use it on your car's navigation screen.  $99 per year for all states or $30 for 1 state.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pluscount said:

Look at  onX Off Road.  Same as onX Hunt without the hunting boundaries.  Also works with Android Auto so you can use it on your car's navigation screen.  $99 per year for all states or $30 for 1 state.

This is a good suggestion, but I want the boundaries. Keeps me out of jail for trespassing. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1