Where's The Go Terrain App For Us Here In Us?

Glenn in CO

Hello to evrebody,

I decide post here my dude/question knowing that it is not the specific ""Cuore"" of this discussion but it is the only one that on the DEUS II foro ( the only one that I follow, because I am user of one of them) all speak about the combination of the satellite information and pictures...

Well my interest in a kind of mix with this issue will be if some body know where and how( just in case to will be posible) I can find the most recently satelital pictures of the Planet ( Spain will be nice..., and with no more than 30 days old).

The reason it is that here the 95% of the ancient sites where we realize our hobby are farms, piece of land with different crops and they have obiously diferents time tables into the plows times, crops time etc. 

Each day before to decide which place will be visited for us we must guest about the actual conditions and psobilities to enter there.

I believe that you know perfectly what I would like have each morning before depart to the farms

beste regards in advance

47 minutes ago, vicente said:

Hello to evrebody,

I decide post here my dude/question knowing that it is not the specific ""Cuore"" of this discussion but it is the only one that on the DEUS II foro ( the only one that I follow, because I am user of one of them) all speak about the combination of the satellite information and pictures...

Well my interest in a kind of mix with this issue will be if some body know where and how( just in case to will be posible) I can find the most recently satelital pictures of the Planet ( Spain will be nice..., and with no more than 30 days old).

The reason it is that here the 95% of the ancient sites where we realize our hobby are farms, piece of land with different crops and they have obiously diferents time tables into the plows times, crops time etc. 

Each day before to decide which place will be visited for us we must guest about the actual conditions and psobilities to enter there.

I believe that you know perfectly what I would like have each morning before depart to the farms

beste regards in advance

Hello vincente, I understand that you want to see current conditions of your fields so you can decide which would be best for hunting on a certain day. Unfortunately, I don't know of a website that has that recent satellite maps. I generally just use sites like Google Earth to look at satellite images for research, but even those can be a few years old. Maybe someone else knows of newer satellite data that we can access.

• Like 1

Air photos can be collected by many different companies or government agencies. As such there is no one central location for the most current air photos of any particular location.  I agree with CPT_GhostLight that Google Earth is very useful.  Depending on your location, Bing maps (bing.com/maps) may also be useful - especially if you have Birdseye coverage.

Over here in the states, various State agencies may also keep online air photo libraries - especially those that deal with soil and groundwater contamination issues - for example the Indiana Department of Environmental Management or the Ohio Department of Natural Resources.  The US Department of Agriculture - Farm Service Agency also posts airphotos, but they are still posting for 2021 and 2022 is not yet available.   You may need to do some Internet research to see if Spain has an equivalent government agency.  

For environmental work, various firms offer historical air photo packages for sale.  However that is typically on a per-site basis and may cost more than you want to spend for recreational detecting.  Environmental Data Resources (EDR) would be one vendor here in the states.

Again, all of these sources are simply going to have the most recent air photo available to them. There is no guarantee that is recent enough for your needs.

Good luck!

• Like 2