Deus 2 First Gold, Relics And Coins And Buckles Too

That's great. You just never know what will turn up if you show up!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JCR said:

That's great. You just never know what will turn up if you show up!

Thanks JCR, you can walk and swing the detector a long time in this field without finding much, and then bam. I dug the ring about 50 feet from where I found a Seated Half dime. I was pretty shocked, you don't find rings often in a farm. It was about 4" to 6" deep, so it didn't get mangled, just scratched. Going to polish it up a bit.

• Like 4

Another great hunt. Nice gold ring. I'm going to have to get those heated socks and gloves. It's 20F today here. I wiped 6" of snow off my car and we got another 3" or 4". Winter is here for me. 5 months of winter in northern Michigan. The D2 is doing it's job.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Another great hunt. Nice gold ring. I'm going to have to get those heated socks and gloves. It's 20F today here. I wiped 6" of snow off my car and we got another 3" or 4". Winter is here for me. 5 months of winter in northern Michigan. The D2 is doing it's job.

Thanks Rick, it certainly is doing its job. 🙂 I couldn't be more pleased with the program I've created, it seems pretty accurate in a Relic field. It's a sure thing you're going to be digging buck balls if you want buttons, even got another pistol ball.

I got the socks and gloves on Amazon, couldn't use the gloves with the Equinox. There was no amount of frequency change or single frequency that would eliminate that pulse, and it was loud.

The maker of my stuff is gone but you have lots of choices for electric heated stuff on Amazon. I also recommend Cut Level 3-5 nitrile gloves for digging, most times that will be enough unless it's real cold. You can't use heated gloves for retrieval! Milwaukee makes the best I've seen so far. For extra insulation I like Wrangler flannel lined work pants, cheap at Walmart. If the legs are warm, the feet may follow 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Any gold makes for a great hunt, especially when it’s totally unexpected.  Congrats Bob!

Thanks NC. Haven't found any gold coins here so this will do! Hell yeah! 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, abenson said:

Great Hunt! Nice looking ring!

Thanks, I'm thinking now it's older because the marks appear cast rather than stamped or etched. 🙂

• Like 2

Found it! 🥳

The ring was made by the J.R. Wood and Sons company of Brooklyn, NY. The company was founded in 1850, and became "Artcarved" in 1975. The company was first to create seamless soldered gold rings, and apparently the only one allowed to make wedding bands during WW2.

Not sure yet when they dropped the casting marks, but it's potentially very old.20221120_191320.thumb.jpg.f610d18015cdfcd35c43082b973b8991.jpg

http://blog.bernierobbins.com/artcarved-wedding-rings/

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 1