Deus 2 First Gold, Relics And Coins And Buckles Too

I always like it when you post your finds with the story behind them.

That was a nice hunt for sure and you came away with some good gold. I am sure that you will soon find a gold coin on one of your hunts in your area because of the finds that you are finding.

Time will tell for sure and I bet it comes from the NOX.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I always like it when you post your finds with the story behind them.

That was a nice hunt for sure and you came away with some good gold. I am sure that you will soon find a gold coin on one of your hunts in your area because of the finds that you are finding.

Time will tell for sure and I bet it comes from the NOX.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

Thanks VL!

It was a thrill to find something gold in a place that has only given up a few silver items. Even more interesting to find out it is quite old.

The Equinox has found 3 of the 4 gold rings so far this year, I'm glad to find one with the Deus 2, but I'm not forgetting the King of Rings. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, strick said:

Love it beautiful ring 350...

Strick

Thanks!

Definitely a surprise find, but in keeping with my thought that there were events in this field. Think woman riding a horse... 🤔 It's probably late 1800s to mid 1900s. After the 30s they stamped them as opposed to casting the marks.

I'm kinda glad there's no engraving 😏 I can only imagine what some of the rings this company made cost compared to income back then. 😀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks!

Definitely a surprise find, but in keeping with my thought that there were events in this field. Think woman riding a horse... 🤔 It's probably late 1800s to mid 1900s. After the 30s they stamped them as opposed to casting the marks.

I'm kinda glad there's no engraving 😏 I can only imagine what some of the rings this company made cost compared to income back then. 😀

Yea it looks old...most women would wear a different style then a big chunky band theses days...probably a tuff horse ladys ring... Im at a conference in texas full of them right now lol. Good hunting there fir sure. 

Strick

• Like 1

Dang, F350, you're on a roll! Congrats on the beautiful gold band, that's so cool and congrats on the first gold with the D2! Well done!   

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Dang, F350, you're on a roll! Congrats on the beautiful gold band, that's so cool and congrats on the first gold with the D2! Well done!   

Thanks Cap'n.

As JCR wrote, "you never know what will turn up if you show up". 😀 Mine is "if you ain't diggin' you ain't finding"

Yesterday I pretty much ground my finds out. I crossed the huge field in large swaths, I was looking for new spots. For the most part the old ones were the most productive. It was cold so I had to keep moving.

I have the luxury of living close to these places, and can get out to hunt them a lot. I guess it's just luck and lots of walking and digging. Can't wait to get back to some of my older spots, but they haven't picked up the beans yet. 🤬

I've got the D2 down to a point now where I can pretty much tell what's coming up, all the auditory and visual clues are a real help. I'm glad I got one.

However, I sure didn't expect that find!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got the ring cleaned up, used Mothers Mag Polish (thanks @Brad Plohman), and this set of Dremel polishing pads and bits I got on Amazon for $12:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B086W5MCNK

20221201_170647.thumb.jpg.605e36ef5999eed745469296b1794579.jpg

J. L. Wood Company stopped using this logo and imprint in 1920 so this ring is probably over 100 years old. It's now my favorite find to date now other than the 1690 1 reale cob I dug last year. I'm pretty sure it was lost soon after purchasing it.

• Like 5

It's funny I got a box full of those dremmel parts and I always wondered what the heck I would use them for lol they usually come with the dremmel when you buy one.  Thanks buddy 

strick 

• Like 1