AQ Impulse Oow Repair Cost?

I tried my detector with the stock battery pack, which I had charged last week. I was still only getting about 11” on a nickel. I checked the battery voltage though and it is 14.1V.  The OBN pack is 14.77V. Could you guys advise if you can get 16” on a nickel and if so what your battery voltage is?  

Here is a 1 amp discharge graph I took of the stock battery right after charging it. It starts out close to 16.5 volts but drops to 15.5 volts or so right as load is applied and runs most of the duration around 12.5volts. The detector would have to have a boost converter to maintain TX source voltage at 15V.  I need to make up a test cable attached to a bench supply to test the detector voltage range and behavior. 
As far as sending the unit I left out the coil shaft and battery per their instructions. They send the unit back in an elaborate cardboard structure inside the box (see photo).  Shipping cost is highly dependent on the box size so try for compact if you can.

BC62026F-E670-411B-9ED9-02862946EF2F.jpeg

25A09004-93ED-4633-B7C2-2A1142954FC4.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bklein said:

Here is a 1 amp discharge graph I took of the stock battery right after charging it. It starts out close to 16.5 volts but drops to 15.5 volts or so right as load is applied and runs most of the duration around 12.5volts. The detector would have to have a boost converter to maintain TX source voltage at 15V.  I need to make up a test cable attached to a bench supply to test the detector voltage range and behavior. 
As far as sending the unit I left out the coil shaft and battery per their instructions. They send the unit back in an elaborate cardboard structure inside the box (see photo).  Shipping cost is highly dependent on the box size so try for compact if you can.

BC62026F-E670-411B-9ED9-02862946EF2F.jpeg

25A09004-93ED-4633-B7C2-2A1142954FC4.jpeg

That is the standard box used to ship new units as well as repaired units.

I’m sure you have seen Joes videos on the AQ’s depth. 19” + on U Tube

I have no problem at 18” with either of my machines. If you listen to the threshold ramp down and back up only, much deeper than that I think.

Joe Beechnut 

FISHER IMPULSE AQ USA NICKEL 19 Plus INCH’S