Jump to content

XP Deus V6 Update


phrunt

Recommended Posts

Looks like there is a V6 update for original Deus owners coming, only models built after 2018 will support it, and it will no longer support the older coils by the looks of it.

1555356212_UpdateforXPDeus.thumb.jpg.b708ce51933f527b1ab56c419398d648.jpg

It sounds like it ads WSAudio compatibility, which I have no idea what that is 🙂 I'm new to the Deus, but it sounds like all it ads is WS Audio, and cuts out the use of older coils. 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites


So Simon, with version 6 you can pair the ORX wireless headphones=WSAs with the Deus 1 full remote or the round WS4 controller. That couldn’t be done previously. The WSAs cost $99 new here in the USA. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the only change in the firmware is support for some headphones I'll never buy for the first time in my life I'll stick with an old version of firmware.  I don't like it cuts out the use of the older coils too, seems a bit odd they'd do that just to use some headphones.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

If the only change in the firmware is support for some headphones I'll never buy for the first time in my life I'll stick with an old version of firmware.  I don't like it cuts out the use of the older coils too, seems a bit odd they'd do that just to use some headphones.

If a person just has the remote or the WS4 separately, updating and using the ORX type WSA would make an easy and inexpensive way to have paired wireless audio than buying a WS4 for the remote or the audio adapter and a different wireless system for the Deus Lite system. 
 

The WSAs were stock with the ORX which also can’t use the LF coils. 

This Deus 1 update looks like another way to obsolete the original LF coils.

Just from my own experience, the X35 coils were a lot more versatile than the original LF coils. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 11/30/2022 at 8:11 AM, Jeff McClendon said:


This Deus 1 update looks like another way to obsolete the original LF coils.

Just from my own experience, the X35 coils were a lot more versatile than the original LF coils. 

After getting the 9x5 Elliptical HF I don't think I ever ran the original 11" on my D1.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, parkgt said:

After getting the 9x5 Elliptical HF I don't think I ever ran the original 11" on my D1.

I was partial to the 9" round HF, but basically the same deal.  Never used the original coils after the HF coils came out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

 

On 1/2/2023 at 2:04 AM, Chase Goldman said:

I was partial to the 9" round HF, but basically the same deal.  Never used the original coils after the HF coils came out.

I agree, 9” hf coil is maybe the best D1 coil ever as well as 9x5” with its surgical precision. And I agree also with Jeff McClendon talking about the X35s which outperform the LFs.  My old D1 is still with its 11” LF paired...LFs after 13 years are now outdated because of FMF’s technology but D1 and 11” LF anyway will stay with me because I’m fond of them! 🤣

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...