XP Deus V6 Update

phrunt

yup, crazy to install it unless you have WS audio requirements, cuts out the older coils and provides no other benefit than the WS audio support.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Tramper said:

Please advise, help needed.

I updated from v6 to the new release using the new Mac version. 

I cannot get my coil to pair either auto, or manually. All help appreciated. 

Thanks!

V6 doesn't support older coils.  Only X35 and High Frequency HF coils will pair, this is the primary reason I am avoiding it, why do an update that takes away coil support, seems mental.  And all it adds is another option for WSAudio headphone support, so unless you need that there is no reason to update, in fact it's detrimental to update as you make your detector worse with less coil support.

I'm not sure if you can roll back, I hope so. 

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Suncoast Kid said:

I think that I'll just stick to the 5.21 firmware, as I have a Deus I, but no need for me to go there as it would just be taking away my options, with no real advantages that I'm aware of? I know some people that their favorite coil was the LF 9" one. 

Yep, that's what I did too, no point updating when it takes away the ability to use some coils.    They need to fix the update so the older coils still work on it too.  Installing WS Audio support shouldn't remove older coil support, and if it must be that way surely they could make WS Audio only work with the newer coils and legacy audio methods for the older coils.  Far better than removing support for the coils altogether.