I got a new GB2, 6 inch coil off ebay but it will not fit the GB2 I have. The coil ears are barely 1/16 inch thick and too narrow space between them looks like.My GB2 is one I got from Steve H,  a while back. The coil ears on my 10 inch coil are quite thick by comparison. So, did I get ripped off or what happened? If I use brute force to make the ears fit the pole, it will break for sure looks like.

-Tom V.

Did you buy it from a proper dealer? On Ebay and Aliexpress in Aus/NZ at least there are now fake Gold Bug 2 coils, they also make the same size/shape coil for the Gold Bug Pro, both coils look identical just with different plug ends to suit the detector.  The one pictured is for their TX-850/FS2 (Fake Gold Bug Pro)

927360648_goldbug2coil.thumb.jpg.6906f9415f292c266cbc86926d932512.jpg

• Sad 1

The coil ears in Steves photo look identical to the F-75 ears. 

My F-75 came with a note from Fisher saying that the ears may break if their special red washers are not used. I ignored the warning and one of my ears broke soon after. That was about eight years ago and they are still making coils with the same thin flimsy ears. It's just another blunder by Fisher that the design flaw wasn't corrected immediately.

I got it to work .On closer examination, I noticed one of the black rubber washers was protruding a bit and preventing the coil ears from meshing with the rod end. I removed the bad washer and put in one of the red ones, and now it fits together ok. Why did Fisher go with skinny coil ears tho, they sure do look prone to breakage now vs the older coils with thick ears?

• Like 1