Garrett Axiom On The Way To Customers Now!

1515Art

I just wanted to add for those interested the Axiom baby is on the way Gerry sent the delivery notification today and in delivery terms the ups stork’s flying smooth as silk, it won’t be long… think I’ll name Gerry as the godfather he’s taken such good care up to date, why stop now. 

thanks Gerry

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Hopefully I'll get a call from Gerry today, Santa can come early this year!😂

Bill

• Like 4

A tip to new owners - toss a roll of electrical tape in your kit. From rubber battery doors that won't stay shut, to broken rod clamps, there is nothing you might run into that a simple roll of good electrical tape can't handle.

Tip number 2. An Axiom will run a couple days on a charge. A good high capacity USB battery backup brick, same one as it used for phones or laptops, etc. will give you a week or more of running time in the field. Just get in the habit of plugging it in at end of day, takes less than two hours to charge, more like an hour after just a days use. Most people have one of these anyway.

The Axiom comes with a USB-C charging cable, but it's like a foot long. Do yourself a favor a get a 6 foot one, way better for charging metal detectors leaning on a wall or sitting on the floor.

6 Foot USB-C Cable

Finally, tip number 3, the most important… don’t run the sensitivity too high when starting out! Like no more than default, or maybe a notch or two less. My video recommendations is already out of date. We shot some new stuff while I was in Oz, but I’ll do a written version also, maybe tomorrow. I’ll be doing a post on sensitivity asap, plus one on the coils. Stuff new buyers really need to know. A bonus for forum members.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, 1515Art said:

I just wanted to add for those interested the Axiom baby is on the way Gerry sent the delivery notification today and in delivery terms the ups stork’s flying smooth as silk, it won’t be long… think I’ll name Gerry as the godfather he’s taken such good care up to date, why stop now. 

I hope you can give an update on how the Axiom works out for you in GB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

My number one tip to new owners - toss a roll of electrical tape in your kit. From rubber battery doors that won't stay shut, to broken rod clamps, there is nothing you might run into that a simple roll of good electrical tape can't handle.

I always have a few rolls of self fusing tape with me.  One in my pack and the other in my truck.  Little more expensive than electrical tape but it doesn't leave any residue.

• Like 1

So, that little charging like device is actually the clip on 8 AA battery booster pack… the headphone and Axiom charger use different cords with different connectors the headphones have a bright little charge indicator light and the unit main battery a small charging meter on the Axiom LCD.

• Like 1

The booster pack is a nice idea, but I never had a need for it, which is good, since I never saw one! If I ever do get one, I’m going to fill it with lead shot, and use it as a counterweight when running the larger coils.

I would like to see an Axiom shipped with only the 11” coil, and no headphones or booster pack, for about $500 less.

• Like 4

Yep, unlikely I’ll need the booster pack but who knows? My first impression is this detector is well thought out, Garrett has nicely added extra touches beyond the minimum the booster pack seems unnecessary until the day it is, the back pack an unexpected bonus great for tossing in an airline overhead compartment and everything feels solid the shaft extension locks and carbon fiber shaft designed well and satisfying to use nothing at all to complain about here so far. Garrett (and Steve) great job.

• Like 7