Garrett Axiom On The Way To Customers Now!

1515Art

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Oh yeah, tip number 3… don’t run the sensitivity too high when staring out! Like no more than default, or maybe a notch or two less. My video recommendations is already out of date. We shot some new stuff while I was in Oz, but I’ll do a written version also, maybe tomorrow. I’ll be doing a post on that asap, plus one on the coils. Stuff new buyers really need to know. A bonus for forum members.

Is Garrett paying you?  If not they should be.  Thanks for doing what your doing.

3 hours ago, Swegin said:

Is Garrett paying you?  If not they should be.  Thanks for doing what your doing.

Not directly, but they did pay for my second trip to Australia. I paid for the first, so although I did not go to Australia for free this year, it surely made me feel like I got more bang for my buck out of the deal. :smile: That's not a motivator for me however. I simply want the detecting world to have alternatives, and I genuinely believe this is a very good detector. No nonsense about it being the new top dog and slaying all the competition. Just an excellent alternative for those wanting such a thing, with a very good bang for the buck ratio, at least here in the U.S. Ultimately though it is really just that I want the people on this forum to have all the best information they can get about metal detecting. That's what a lot of us are here for, and that's what I try to deliver now and then. Hopefully it helps a few people out, and if so, it adds to my general happiness. So really, I am just being selfish - I like being happy!

Getting to typing it up right now, will be posting in next few hours..........

Edit, done - here it is

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Steve

Remember you can’t eat prestige but I’m sure it felt good for a company to put their trust in you to tell it like it is.

I thank you and others for putting their time in to make the Axiom for what it is now.

Chuck 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2022 at 8:42 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

gold-nuggets-found-with-garrett-axiom-herschbach-02.jpg
Better picture of that 1/4 oz California nugget

Nice California "Christmas Tree" nugget! 

tree.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/24/2022 at 1:34 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Ultimately though it is really just that I want the people on this forum to have all the best information they can get about metal detecting.

And I think this is exactly why the majority of us stick around.  Thanks for all you have done and hopefully continue to do  🙏

The extra competition can only mean good things for detectorists and the Axiom feels like genuine competition.  I am really hoping someone near me buys one and I get to have a play and make some comparisons in my ground.  

Look forward to seeing more Axiom nugget pictures on here very soon  👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Garrett,

Santa agrees with Steve. Give us kiddies the base option of either the 11x7 DD or 11x7 Mono with a Z-Lynk WR-1 receiver with the 1/4 inch headphone connector. This will allow for future upgrades based on our behavior patterns. Steve can purge us but take it from me you don’t want to make Santa mad.  Have a Merry Christmas

• Like 1