Deus 2 Continues To Impress

Jeff McClendon

13 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The two main reasons are that I didn’t want to be distracted by really small micro can slaw and smaller foil both of which tend to have target IDs in the upper 20s to 40.  I am willing to miss a 0.1 gram earring back or a tiny gold chain.

Hey Jeff

In your hot soil, does running a Disc of 40 help tame any falses from hot soil or old iron?  
Where do you run your iron volume???

thanks>

45 minutes ago, midalake said:

Hey Jeff

In your hot soil, does running a Disc of 40 help tame any falses from hot soil or old iron?  
Where do you run your iron volume???

thanks>

Sole purpose for me running disc up to 40 was to categorize below 40 audio responses as iron responses or less important responses.

I don't concern myself with responses from iron or steel objects that are responding as mixed ferrous/non-ferrous objects since that is exactly what they are and these advanced SMF detectors are giving truthful and accurate responses to them. If I don't want to hear that "falsing" I will just turn up bottle cap reject and maybe the Silencer.

Running disc above -6.4 will definitely help with magnetite induced ground responses when a proper ground balance isn't enough to take care of them due to soil moisture levels or some other factor. Common target IDs for magnetite/ground responses in my area are -6.4 to -5.5, 0, and very rarely+25. Those aren't "falsing". They are actual target responses that are ground noise related.

Running disc to +40 again was just a quick and easy way from me to put less emphasis on more than likely non-gold ring IDs from 25 to 40. It's taking a chance if say I was never going to detect that area again. That is not the case. I will continue to hunt that park with different detectors and with different settings......seven rings in the last 3 months along with multiple silver coins, wheat pennies, war nickels and lots of clad.

Iron volume level depends on what headphones I’m using and wind/traffic noise. Usually with good headphones and very little ambient noise, 1 or 2.

• Like 4

duplicate post. Sorry

11 hours ago, rallymaker said:

The 2 if you dive or go wading is ok but this is doable with a Deus 1 ! there's so much on the 2 which youl never use you could easy spend trip after trip changing from setting to setting there's to much useless baggage on the 2 just seemingly overcomplicated ,has my finds rate gone up against my detecting colleague who still uses Deus 1 since I've used the  2 absolutely not ,,perhaps Ive been extremely unlucky ,,been detecting since the late 70,s gone all through MF prior to the XP mono Deus 1 which was a revelation when it came out ,Deu2 was and is a monetary venture on behalf of XP because there was nowhere else to go IMO ,what's next 🤔

For me the D2 is a toolbox where you pick up what you like/need . Personally there are 2 things that decided me to change from my D1 to the D2 :  the SQUARE audio that I prefer to the historical PWM D1 audio  , and the additional depth due to the multifrequency .   2 ( very ) good reasons to change for me ...   

However I still have my D1 as a backup but I will probably sell it .

On the other hand I agree the D1 is still an excellent detector especially in plowed fields. But in woods , forests or parks the D2 goes deeper I have no doubt on this ...  

• Like 3

Great info Jeff, good to hear you are on the mend and dialing into the D2.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys 🤝

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Zord said:

Hi Gary Xp.

Do you know where is ground tracking settings in WS6?

Can't find it.

Official WS6 manual shows ground tracking option, page 22.

https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/uploads/files/document/gb-ws6-deusii-userguide.pdf

I’m not Gary but I ground balance with the WS6 all the time. There may be other easier ways but I just pick the program I want, then press the Menu button (lower right with red highlight) and work my way through the settings=discrim, sensitivity, freq. shift, iron vol.,reactivity, audio response, and then you come to GRAB…..hold the menu button while pumping the coil over clean ground until the numbers stabilize. Procedure is on page 21.

1 hour ago, Zord said:

That's not the point.

Manual shows ground tracking in WS6.

All i want to know is: Where is it.

My bad.

Ground Tracking is no where to be found on my WS6 running 0.71

I forgot about the shortcut to Ground Grab by holding the options button.

Otherwise, looks like another feature/setting that has been promised but is not available on WS6 like it is on the main remote.