Discontinued Products

I just received this from my Distributor: 

“Dealers, Nokta is making some major changes to their product lineup. Here are the changes... 

ANFIBIO MULTI - DISCONTINUED AND NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

GOLD KRUZER - WILL BE DISCONTINUED ONCE STOCK IS GONE. 

IMPACT - DISCONTINUED. IMPACT PRO IS NOT. 

DEEPHUNTER STANDARD – DISCONTINUED. 

JEOHUNTER BASIC - DISCONTINUED AND NO LONGER AVAILABLE.” 

Walt

• Like 2

Wow, so for gold prospecting detectors they're only keeping the Gold Finder 2000 which I've been told by a friend who had one that it was an under performer compared to the competitors similar unit that it was cloned off.  Perhaps its selling well in Africa, certainly doesn't seem to sell well anywhere else, you never hear about it.

It's a real shame, the Gold Kruzer seemed good being waterproof and feature packed, except for its lack of aftermarket coils compared to the prior model.  I used a Gold Kruzer once when I bumped into a guy struggling to work out how to use it after just buying it, I had a fiddle and wasn't overly impressed myself testing it on the nuggets I'd found that day with some quick testing, I didn't have long to play with it though.

I guess since the Legend came out their older single frequency or switching frequency VLF's just stopped selling so no point keeping them on the market.

Rest in peace Gold Kruzer. It was a good detector, but never really found its footing with the prospecting crowd. Other than being waterproof, it did not have the standout performance needed to even match something as old as the Gold Bug 2.

Everything points to the legend being better than any single frequency nugget detector Nokta/Makro ever made, so discontinuing the old models just makes sense.