All Relics Day, Whatzits Updated

4 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

More cool relic finds, F350! Love the buttons and spur pieces!  Were you running your modded General program?

Thanks Cap'n. 

It's not one of my more spectacular days, but buttons is buttons. 😀

Yeah I may name the program for the place I'm hunting, but I'll try it at another first 😁. I probably should try some other programs like Deep HC or Relic, don't need Fast because there isn't much trash. I hope sometime to be surprised by deeper stuff, I kinda doubt it tho.

This program runs so hot I find it hard to believe I'm missing much. It revolves around the General program being balanced for soil moisture content. It's like Silver Slayer without any discrimination. This time of year the ground stays pretty moist from melting frost.

I'm going to have this place available until next spring, so I can mess with a lot there. Looking forward to that!

• Like 2

Now that's old.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Guess I should put the antlers away. 🤣

Also take off that strange white tail.

I remember reading an old tombstone in Tennessee that read " Here lies Edger Oscar Earl who to another hunter looked exactly like a squirrel", so please be careful out there. In our area a lot of hunters take a bottle of whiskey with them to stay warm when it is cold.   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

The previous occupants of that place sure did lose a lot of stuff !

I can't wait till you find their jar of gold coins ! 🤩

I'd be happy to find one. 🙄 

It's not so much the family that was there for over 250 years, it was what else they did in the field. Horse racing or shows, other gatherings dating way back. There's one spot I'm finding relics that are upwards of 300 years old, and close to it about 150. There's another like it on the other end of the field that produced a coin from 1650, and a KG3.

It's pretty cool!

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

Went out Tuesday for the day, added a few more items to the pile from this area, even made some money 😀20221129_190357.thumb.jpg.33c33d50cdbe54b597971f86cab2bae7.jpg

Some buckle bits, another spur even older than the other 2 I dug, a trefoil spoon handle, and a few more buttons including a tiny gold plated one and a broken Tombac.20221201_122426.thumb.jpg.34178316eccc67905899c042d3cac8f9.jpg

Here it is next to the 1925 wheat I dug near the .17 in modern coins, it was in with a square nail, which I removed first. The 11" is pretty great with separation itself, I'm impressed.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to All Relics Day, Whatzits Updated
11 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

We did get to see the color of gold this time ! 

You're getting closer to that jar👁️‍🗨️👁️‍🗨️ 

There's another post where I got a gold ring here,  that's good enough for me 🤣

• Oh my! 1