Today I noticed on an air test I don’t here a faint target on the perimeter of the coil. 
I here a faint target in the center of the coil where it attaches to the lower rod. 
when it’s a surface target(loud target) I here it on the outside perimeter of the coil. 
is this normal. 
how do you guys have your coil cable coming off the coil to the lower rod. 
is it tight (straight) or do you have slack. 
I am trying to understand and learn this machine. But I still have not gotten a good deep target over a foot. 
Today I used the whites tdi pulse scan and got a deep target. Had to remove 2-3 inches of sand before the AQ herd it  
it was a clad nickel. Depth unknown guess 12-14 in

I can't speak to the shallow target responses--just not what I've tested.  If you secure your cable lighlty using the sock clips or a tied eleastic, there's no need to worry about the coil hardware being pulled.  I would avoid wrapping the cable though, the positon of the hardware would be pulled when you press on the heel of the coil. Like the TDI this is a machine that takes time to learn.  Im continually testing mine and this is paying off.  Try turning the Gain up indoors to get an idea of how essential signal balancing is with this machine.   You can also get more depth my slowing down the retuning  slightly but this offsets your abillity to hear the wide response of caps.  

cjc

Testing of the AQ early on and with one of my machines. The big thing is setting up the AQ.... knowing what to listen for on targets and a good set of head phones. One reason I related to the AQ so well is I hunt in All metal with the excalibur, which for me is almost the same as the AQ's AM.

The AQ is weak on most coins but Hot on Gold.

The final version of the AQ (Not the Limited) on a buried nickel, Mike my friend is swinging the AQ.

fisher chart aug 2021.jpg

On 11/30/2022 at 6:25 PM, bklein said:

Please explain the 3 12.5” column sections: Limited, Impulse AQ, Final Impulse AQ. Is this a factory chart?

My chart I did on 3 different AQ's I hunted with / tested / and kept records. Limited is the one everyone was sold.

Impulse AQ was one they sent to me after the limited with a few changes, and a different coil than any, grey color.

Then the Final was the one that had the drop in 18650 batteries along with a few other changes. Different head phones also, same shell but a super set that Alex T came up with. I told them they should market them alone, and for all water machines. Never heard a word..

We have it on good authority that the Final Impulse AQ Version will be available by spring 2021. And it was… for Joe! Too bad about the rest of us. I have to say I feel more sorry for Alexandre than anyone. He no doubt really believed he was hooked up with a company that was going to make all these things happen. One of the saddest state of affairs I have observed in my 50 years as an industry hound dog.

Mono coils are hottest near the winding. Large deep targets will be in the center of the coil. The closer you get to the coil, the more the signal pulls to the edges. The classic shallow target indication for a PI mono coil is that you have to pay attention to what is a single target at depth, or a shallower target double bleeping, once on each edge. Some people get fooled by a shallow target under one edge, and dig for the center, missing the target. Using a wide sweep and paying attention is critical in preventing this from happening. Tilting the coil slightly on edge can verify suspected edge type targets, since they are shallow enough to hit on one edge. This doubles as a great pinpointing method.

As a nugget hunter I constantly find shallow small nuggets that blip under each edge of the coil, so I know they are small and shallow. More mellow centered targets, I know I need to dig a deeper hole.

• Like 2

That's a great piece of info, Steve. I had no idea. Thanks! Perfectly explains my difficulties pinpointing with my SL.

Jim

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim in Idaho said:

That's a great piece of info, Steve. I had no idea. Thanks! Perfectly explains my difficulties pinpointing with my SL.

Jim

The TDIs can be a little different if you are using the stock White's Dual Field coil. A standard mono is just a simple ring shaped loop. The White's dual design has an inner loop and an outer loop. The intent was to fill that small target hole in the center of a traditional mono coil, and to a large degree it does just that.

Thanks, Steve. I use a range of coils, but mostly either DF, or Folded Mono, both of which wouldn't be impacted much by this, but I also use a couple of NF coils, both of which are mono.

Jim

• Like 2

I like to put the AQ side by side in the field with my TDI SL an Miner John 8x14 for curiosity.  

• Like 1