Axiom Focused Core DD Coils - A Must Read For All New Owners!

• The title was changed to Axiom DD Coils - A Must Read For All New Owners!

I've already had to explain this to a couple of my customers of the Axiom.  All of the 1st allotment I received were American version Axioms with 13" DD and the 11"MONO.  I feel that is the best for most folks.  But then it was brought to my attention, the videos I provided showed me using the 13" MONO.  So they wonder what is up with why I want them to get the 13" DD.  The main point....I was hunting for bigger gold.  Most folks want any and all nuggets.  I knew what you and Lunk were up to so I wanted to be different.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, UtahRich said:

As a NOOB to PI's / nugget hunting, i was thinking the standard Axiom package was the way to go - 13" DD & 11" mono.  Should i reconsider?

Rich - 

Most certainly and don't even look back.  The actual answer depends on your preferred detecting style, but since you mentioned NOOB, then go with the US version.  Here's the great thing about the Axiom.  Once they get all orders caught up and start working on coils, there is already 6 different options to select from.  Another bonus with Garrett (if we look at the past), is their coil pricing will be more reasonable than the other brand.  

If the Axiom sells good (and I don't see why not), then we might get options from other coil manufactures as well.  Options and more options is what we want.

• Like 2

The 13" DD with 11" mono would be my preferred combo, with an 11" DD added. The 13" DD is hotter than you would expect, because there is that 6x5 hot inner area. I have to admit to having a real liking still for the 11" mono, as it is the lightest coil, and still super hot on tiny gold. Just remember to focus more on the edge sensitivity, and when down to the nitty gritty in a given spot, use the forward edge as a sort of search tool.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

This is a timely reminder about the unique center of the Garrett Axiom 13x11DD coil.  My Axiom arrived today (thank you Gerry) and I'll be sure to use the 13x11DD first thing once I get out on a hunt with it.  I may even go tomorrow for a half day just to give the machine a test.    

• Like 4

I'm curious to know how that Garrett design DD coil would work on a multifrequency VLF machine. Have you heard of any testing or coil in the works for one......like the Equinox, Legend, or even Manticore? Even older model single freqs might benefit from one........

7 minutes ago, cudamark said:

I'm curious to know how that Garrett design DD coil would work on a multifrequency VLF machine. Have you heard of any testing or coil in the works for one......like the Equinox, Legend, or even Manticore? Even older model single freqs might benefit from one........

The design is unique to Garrett PI detectors, and have never heard of anything like it being tried on a VLF.

• The title was changed to Axiom Focused Core DD Coils - A Must Read For All New Owners!
  • This topic was pinned and featured
  • This topic was unfeatured and unpinned