Axiom Focused Core DD Coils - A Must Read For All New Owners!

Steve or Gerry, 

Some of us "want to be different and look for bigger nuggets" Any rumors about release dates for the 13" x 11" Mono coil?

Happy Thanksgiving,

Bill

On 11/23/2022 at 5:13 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

But then it was brought to my attention, the videos I provided showed me using the 13" MONO.  So they wonder what is up with why I want them to get the 13" DD.  The main point....I was hunting for bigger gold.  Most folks want any and all nuggets.  I knew what you and Lunk were up to so I wanted to be different.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Knomad said:

Steve,

I am wondering how the Whites Dual Field coils fit into this mix, it seems similar to the Garrett Pi DD coils, is it possible the new Garrett coils are actually based on the Whites coils.?

No. First of all, these are not new coils. The same coil design was first used on Garrett ATX in 2013. Second, the White's Dual Field is wound differently, and is basically a small mono inside a larger mono. No separate transmit and receive coils, so it is not a concentric or a DD, but a design all it's own, referred to as a coplanar in the patent. The Garrett is a modified DD design.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cobill said:

Steve or Gerry, 

Some of us "want to be different and look for bigger nuggets" Any rumors about release dates for the 13" x 11" Mono coil?

Happy Thanksgiving,

Bill

As a dealer Gerry is better positioned to stay informed - or not - on availability issues. I'm basically out of the loop at this point in time. But I would guess all six coils will be available very soon, like in coming weeks.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 5:13 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

so I wanted to be different.

I think you have already established that fact! 

Just kidding.  Thanks for your valuable input to this forum and the Axiom development.  

• This topic was pinned and featured
  • This topic was unfeatured and unpinned

All coils work on all ground I have been on, including Australia, etc. FYI Northern California is worse than anything Australia has to offer. There is no reason not to use any particular coil due to ground concerns. You may need different settings though depending on the coil. The only place I saw it matter at all was at Lake Tahoe, on almost pure magnetite sand. The coils wanted to overload, and the only way to get the mono to ground balance was to go from Fine Mode to Normal Mode. Large Mode might be needed for extreme situations. The Modes should be named Normal, Difficult, Severe, and Salt because they are more about the ground conditions than the target size. I'll make a new thread on just that subject soon.

• Like 4

Thanks Steve. I detect near the main lode and east on the west slope. I was thinking the 11x7 DD for size, etc. I had concerns if I could balance the 13x11 mono along the serpentine belt. Had no problem with the TDI SL stock coils. I do cross over the summit to the basin from time to time. Thanks for the input. 

12 minutes ago, HardPack said:

Thanks Steve. I detect near the main lode and east on the west slope. I was thinking the 11x7 DD for size, etc. I had concerns if I could balance the 13x11 mono along the serpentine belt. Had no problem with the TDI SL stock coils. I do cross over the summit to the basin from time to time. Thanks for the input. 

This answers that in detail: