I Should Know Better

Compass

Good surprise ! All gold rings are good gold rings . A score on the power play !

They sure did clear that beach in a big way !

Think of how many holes you would have had to dig to find that ring without their help???🤔 I bet they used more than $65 of diesel  !

Hmmmmm  , I wonder what would happen if one of us wanted to skim that (or any) beach with a dozer ?   🙃  

• Like 1

Nice one Compass! I guess when you're hunting a beach you should throw stuff in your pouch and move on to avoid notice. I probably should do that myself. 😀 Seems like a pro tip to me 👍

Does it or did it have a stone?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jim tn said:

Nice find. The kind of surprises we like! HH Jim Tn

Thanks, yes, too many times the surprises are the disappointing ones.

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Good surprise ! All gold rings are good gold rings . A score on the power play !

They sure did clear that beach in a big way !

Think of how many holes you would have had to dig to find that ring without their help???🤔 I bet they used more than $65 of diesel  !

Hmmmmm  , I wonder what would happen if one of us wanted to skim that (or any) beach with a dozer ?   🙃  

I really was hoping for more targets or older ones. I wonder how deep a coin or ring will sink down to in the dry sand over time?

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice one Compass! I guess when you're hunting a beach you should throw stuff in your pouch and move on to avoid notice. I probably should do that myself. 😀 Seems like a pro tip to me 👍

Does it or did it have a stone?

Thanks F350Plat, I try to be discreet but, if I thought it was gold, I would have probably tried to get a better look at it when I got to the car. No stone - here's another pic:

IMG_20221123_184343.jpg

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Nice little find and well worth the trip for you.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

• Thanks 1

There is an area like this at the Wedge. The homeowners built out on to the sand. Had been that way for years, now the powers that be bulldozed it up. I’d like to know if anyone had any luck hunting it.  I tried for awhile with the AQ and was getting beaver tail pull tabs but nothing good and I lost my patience with it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice little find and well worth the trip for you.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe out there.

Thanks VL, Yes, I kind of have a goal of making $15 in finds any time I drive to the beach to cover the cost of gas. Coins, jewelry, knives, tools, sunglasses, paper money, etc. all factor in. 🙂

46 minutes ago, bklein said:

There is an area like this at the Wedge. The homeowners built out on to the sand. Had been that way for years, now the powers that be bulldozed it up. I’d like to know if anyone had any luck hunting it.  I tried for awhile with the AQ and was getting beaver tail pull tabs but nothing good and I lost my patience with it.

I used my TDI (similar to the AQ) and, yes, it was tough going. Detecting on the firm, smooth, wet sand is so much easier than working the soft, undulating, dry sand.