I Should Know Better

Compass

Thanks Jerry, Yes, I would have thought that a silver coin might make an appearance. Hunting up in the dry sand is not my cup of tea - way too tiring!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice ring congrats! Like when it turns from silver to gold.  I try to do the same thing and set a goal of covering gas for the day.  Wishful thinking at times for me.  Right now I like to call our beaches the Super Bowl of detecting.  Lots of competition.   They used to go home after winter but more and more are staying.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PI-Man said:

Nice ring congrats! Like when it turns from silver to gold.  I try to do the same thing and set a goal of covering gas for the day.  Wishful thinking at times for me.  Right now I like to call our beaches the Super Bowl of detecting.  Lots of competition.   They used to go home after winter but more and more are staying.

Thanks PI-Man, I have a feeling that there is more competition in Florida than in California. However, when I run into 6 other hunters at 2am on my favorite beaches that is a little discouraging. Fortunately, that has only happened a few times and when it does that usually means that there are lots of targets to be had. That's why I like hunting in bad weather because it culls the herd a bit. 🙂

• Like 2

Compass — Yea it’s snowbird season and more people across the state are getting into it, so we have a lot detectorist on beaches at times.  Hobby is growing over here too. Everyone wants that Spanish treasure, so it draws a bunch of people in. Just have to out smart the competition.  Told my friend (who writes) to quit writing books on the area/detecting. Lol 

You should see the day after Xmas over here — lots of people on beach trying out their presents Santa brought them.  Usually it last a week than they give up.   I actually like seeing people get into it, but for some once they realize digging holes in sand, getting beat up by waves,  and only finding a Bobby pin is just not for them (unfortunately).  For the ones who stick with it kudos to them.

Here bad weather draws the crowds since the treasure wreck stuff might just pop up.

BTW — past couple of days for me just bunch of modern coins.  Lots of sand moved in.

• Oh my! 1