Another 2022 Release From Minelab?

☠ Cipher

My guess is they are re-releasing an improved version of a past model such as the eTrac or CTX. Neither of those 2 machines had updated models like the Explorer series or the Sovereign series of detectors. Both the eTrac and CTX are still considered top of the line detectors and simply need to be put in a new shell with modern features such as wireless headphones, internal rechargeable batteries and lose a few pounds. They would probably implement the newer IQ technology as well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

The manticore takes features from the ctx 3030, etrac and equinox, so i don't see them bringing out a new ctx4040 / etrac 2. "It's better the second time around".  Perhaps the other change will be to freshen the equinox to the multi IQ 2 software in a pod similar to the manticore, a'la equinox 1000, and attempt tostep way out ahead of the legend and deus 2.

The other option i see is revamping the Gold Monster.

Well they had 2’s with the NOX (600) & (800). So maybe the Manticore will be offered in 2 versions of sorts 🤔

• Like 1

I personally think that the ad is directly about the manticore, since the colors of the ad are similar to the manticore's presentation color.  But if it were from another detector I would bet on the gpz.  When the minelab symbol is rotated in the ad it looks like a Z and it has already been said in this same forum that the renewal of the gpz was quite advanced.  and surely the garret axiom can take market away at this time.  just thinking about you

• Like 1

1-12-22. There is another two in there as well - "II", which is how they name 2nd versions of detectors sometimes. Explorer II, Excalibur II. Going real heavy on the 2/Z's. 

My votes on a GPZ II. I'd be real curious to see what they used the last 7 years to do with one.

The oddly coincident timing of the updated ML100 headphones at the FCC (6000 phones) also makes me wonder if they are releasing a 6000 v2 or something (we saw this on one of the old SD's), just in time for the Axiom release, and updated with just enough new features to take away some customers. Those headphones would be a letdown on a new GPZ to me unless they had updated BT and a lot more sound insulation. 

Either one would take away Axiom customers. I'm still almost tempted to buy an Axiom myself, but if there was a new GPZ I'd definitely hold off to see what it is first. The timing of which makes me think prospecting detector again.

• Like 4

Agreed…way too many Z's in that add…has to be the next gen GPZ. 

• Like 3