Another 2022 Release From Minelab?

☠ Cipher

An announcement eh?  Yeah, maybe.  Or maybe just more promises to make announcements.

Just make the Manticore manual available.  Announce that.  Announce "something".  

- Dave

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UT Dave said:

Just make the Manticore manual available.  Announce that.  Announce "something".  

- Dave

I was told Wednesday by Customer Service that the manual may not be released until the detector is released.

(Trade Secrets in the Manual?)

Here I am playing this silly Minelab game again.

Instead of seeing "Z's" every where in the ML video what if the sideways Minelab logo is just another "2"?  Its form is exactly like the 2's in the date just Minelab red instead.  Yes, look at the 2's in the date.  They are exactly like the ML logo on its side.

If that's the case, forget about a new GPZ being released.  It will have something to do with the Manticore or Equinox.

Maybe a major software upgrade for the Equinox.

31 minutes ago, PSPR said:

Here I am playing this silly Minelab game again.

Instead of seeing "Z's" every where in the ML video what if the sideways Minelab logo is just another "2"?  Its form is exactly like the 2's in the date just Minelab red instead.  Yes, look at the 2's in the date.  They are exactly like the ML logo on its side.

If that's the case, forget about a new GPZ being released.  It will have something to do with the Manticore or Equinox.

Maybe a major software upgrade for the Equinox.

You are definitely a big player in the Minelab marketing game.  I’m just having a bit of fun plus there are more than enough Manticore hype filled topics on the forums to keep you rabid Mantis fans occupied. I guess you folks are taking over this topic too. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

You are definitely a big player in the Minelab marketing game.  I’m just having a bit of fun plus there are more than enough Manticore hype filled topics on the forums to keep you rabid Mantis fans occupied. I guess you folks are taking over this topic too. 

Hopefully that will all come crashing down in 6 days when they release the Manticore.  I probably won't want anyone else to buy one if it works great for me.  Maybe I'll go into radio silence on its abilities.  LOL

I guess a new revised Equinox would make sense, it's been a troublesome detector build wise so much so that the competition was using it's quality problems as a way to market their better built detector.

If they did an Equinox 600 and 800 v2 with the leaking fixed and other problems resolved it might be a good idea, at the moment the competitor has a better value detector clone of the Nox built far better for less money, more for less as their marketing says.  It must be making it quite hard to sell the Nox for more money with less of a quality build and performance that is so close to the same.

They could strengthen the ears without a total redesign so older Noxes could fit the new stronger ear coils, that way they wouldn't need to make two sets of Nox coils and keep them compatible with each other, and the Pod could just be replaced with the waterproofing method they've learnt for the Manticore.

To really annoy the competition they could incorporate Bluetooth LE into it so it has the better audio than the competition and then they could ditch the WM08 to help keep the cost down.

• Like 2

I think maybe with the Axiom in the works and just out, ML may have added a lighter weight battery conversion upgrade so the gpx 5000 can lose the harness and curly cord to the battery brick.  They did similar to the SDC giving it a lithium-ion pack.

That would make it lighter and more portable and compete more with the Axiom. Imagine if they put the 5k on a telescopic CF shaft too and priced at $2995...

• Like 1