Another 2022 Release From Minelab?

☠ Cipher

I saw Steve's announcement for 1:30 PM.

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

They wouldn't do it as an Equinox 1000, they'd discontinue the 600 and 800 and re-release them in a better quality version for the same price, they're losing sales at the moment, a lot of them to the Legend, they need to address this.  Nokta have made a mockery of the Nox and it's build quality, and made a detector you get more for less as their slogan says, more detector for less money.   If Minelab did fix up the Nox it would improve it's sales, and they'd have far less warranty claims to deal with in the future.  I'm frankly surprised it's taken this long.   Selling poor quality productions not only damages your reputation it also damages your bottom line.  They must lose so much money in repairs, the repairs themselves may end up quite cheap for them with replacement pods not costing much at all but the shipping costs returning them to customers and paying the service agents their fee adds up.  If someone does a claim or two during the life of their warranty that's a significant portion if not all of their profit gone.

Legend with 11" coil is now $509!

3 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Legend with 11" coil is now $509!

yep, hard to sell a leaking Nox with quality problems when that's on the market, especially in the US where this announcement is focused on based upon the date 1/12/22 when its now the 2nd here and in Australia, not the 1st... this is an announcement for the USA where the Legend price makes it more of a threat, it's not priced that good in NZ/Aus vs the Nox.

I think putting the Nox 600 and 800 in the new/better Manticore housing and giving it an upgrade to the Multi-IQ+ software will be the ticket.  No Ferrous / Conductive screen or any of those features, that's Manticore territory.  What will be done to bolster the coil ears? Would there be a shift to the new style Manticore coils?  Does the IQ+ software need the newer designed coils to be stable?   Don't know.     Of course, this is a guess (WAG) on my part.   A new housing and software would make the 800 more competitive with the Legend / D2 offerings that are making inroads on the equinox popularity.

I'm anxious to see what comes along. 

They'd want to keep the coil's compatible with the old Equinox so they need to fix the ears without requiring a different shaft, so perhaps just a thicker stronger plastic design is required.  Then when people with in warranty Nox's break their ears they would just replace them with the new model coil that is stronger.

11 minutes ago, UtahRich said:

I think putting the Nox 600 and 800 in the new/better Manticore housing and giving it an upgrade to the Multi-IQ+ software will be the ticket.  No Ferrous / Conductive screen or any of those features, that's Manticore territory.  What will be done to bolster the coil ears? Would there be a shift to the new style Manticore coils?  Does the IQ+ software need the newer designed coils to be stable?   Don't know.     Of course, this is a guess (WAG) on my part.   A new housing and software would make the 800 more competitive with the Legend / D2 offerings that are making inroads on the equinox popularity.

I'm anxious to see what comes along. 

Multi-IQ+ is Manticore territory, and would undermine reasons to get a Manticore, which is what Minelab wants you to do. New hardware for Nox makes sense, but not any changes to the guts.

• Like 1

I think Minelab can afford to rest on its laurels for now and not release a GPZ successor any time soon. 

The GPX 6000 seems to be selling well and breathing life into new patches.  The old GPZ7000, while heavy, definitely outclasses the GPX 6000 on deeper and bigger gold, gives the people liking the ability to change settings what they want, handles bad ground, and has a decent amount of coil choices now.  And its still finding the gold.  Its like the CTX3030 in form and yet the 3030 is still in the lineup.  I think they'll save a new gen ZVT detector for when its more strategic to do so.

• Like 1

Maybe they're going to come out with a new pin pointer......one that will link with the Manticore ala XP's Mi6.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Calmark said:

I think Minelab can afford to rest on its laurels for now and not release a GPZ successor any time soon. 

The GPX 6000 seems to be selling well and breathing life into new patches.  The old GPZ7000, while heavy, definitely outclasses the GPX 6000 on deeper and bigger gold, gives the people liking the ability to change settings what they want, handles bad ground, and has a decent amount of coil choices now.  And its still finding the gold.  Its like the CTX3030 in form and yet the 3030 is still in the lineup.  I think they'll save a new gen ZVT detector for when its more strategic to do so.

Well said. I agree.

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Multi-IQ+ is Manticore territory, and would undermine reasons to get a Manticore, which is what Minelab wants you to do. New hardware for Nox makes sense, but not any changes to the guts.

I'm thinking Safari / Explorer -  equinox being a lesser version of the manticore.   Safari had the digital display only, while Explorer had the Ferrous / Conductive screen and all the discrimination capabilities that went with it. An 'upgraded' equinox dealing with the Legend/D2 and the Manticore leading the charge. 

Don't know.   So many possibilities here.  But I stand on the consumer side of the counter and have a different perspective. 

• Like 1