Thank You Garrett Electronics & My 1 Year Axiom Thoughts

18 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Australia, where even the soil tries to kill you 🙂

Everything is out to get us mate. Mostly small other than ocean things, even then there's small jellyfish and octopus that have it in for us. Im thinking we were not very welcomed here and they have kept up the rage 😆

• Haha 2

Wicked good review Gerry. Thanks  !

Seems Garrett made a believer outta yer crew and YOU !

If their first try is that good , I can't wait to see the next generation too !

If this keeps up....

Maybe someday,,,,,,,someday I CAN afford a PI !

• Like 2

Thanks to Gerry, Steve and all the field testers that worked long, long, hard hours to bring us this "game changer" USA made PI gold detector. It takes so much R&D, QC, testing, legal, marketing, engineering, manufacturing, etc. "investment $$$$$$" to bring a high performance product to today's consumer market. Great TEAM EFFORT. I'm so impressed with everything Garrett has accomplished in the Axiom.:garrett:

Should get the call next week!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,

Bill 

• Like 3

Steve H - 100% agree that Mr. Novakovich and his engineering team are making a difference.  This machine and it's price point are so great for the competition and having the features they provided us along with the performance is a real winner. Sure there will be the few who flat out will disc it (heck there's been well known dealers on this forum who were blowing it off at first) and find every way, wrong washer to down talk it.  They just assumed and we all know what what that means for they lack of knowledge.  Another part of your comments are well accepted from me as Garrett plans on staying in the game.  I sure hope they offer even more new and exciting technologies to come. 

Norvic - You know me well enough, always trying to make a bloke silly his cup while reading DP.  You also know, I've put my foot down on the dirt enough times to have a pretty good idea when something new and good is for us.  Will be interesting to see if "Axiom" makes it's way on your profile of "Gear Used".  Either way you decide, you of all know this will help keep pricing inline.

Simon - Sorry they did not price it so well for other countries.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one as I can't figure it out.  We would think, the price point would be comparative to US, but somethings surely off.  You are dead on about competition though and that's the bottom line.  We can look back just a few years ago and see how XP has done so well and that make Minelab step up their game.  The more options, the better the price point and that my friend is helpful to all.

Smigo - It's kind of a long standing joke and reputation I have with the mouth shot that started 25+ yrs ago.   I'm not sure if my body/gut has been so infected that is now used to it, that it doesn't bother me much anymore or I'm just stupid lucky.  Either way, you do bring up a great point (especially around old mine sites and free range cattle).  Thanks for pointing it out.

Northeast - You're another old timer who knows the ropes well.  As with Norvic, I hope you do give it (the Axiom) a true run and comparison vs the price point.  On a side note.  One of your interests is "Footy".  Do you wash her toes before you do that?

GR Guy - The 6 coil options are from Garrett and we don't have to worry about 2nd sourcing.  I'm all on board with NF coming out with the coils for the 6.  They sure have a way of stringing out their release though and not sure how that happened but a smart and strong company like them better make some changes next go around.  This release of the NF coils has really soured a crowd.  If/when the coils are in many hands then the more options we get the better.  My main point was from the manufacture.  Minelab offered 3 coils for the 6 and that is it. Garrett offered 6 which is twice the amount for 1 machine.  Another thing I expect about the coils from Garrett.  I'm willing to bet their price point in the US will be better as well.  Options are the bottom line that allows us more fun.  Thanks for asking my friend.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Smigo said:

Hoping the Garrett is a goody production wise. Looks great👍👍

Always cringe when I see people put gold in their mouths. Used to do it. Once ended up in hospital on a drip, oxygen and in isolation on cocktail of antibiotics and who knows what else. Turned out was some virus from the ground. Last thing id done the day before being admitted, virtually on life support was putting several bits of gold in my mouth. The day I did that was driving home and felt ultra sick. Dr confirmed it was a virus common in the ground. Id ingested it. Took me 12 months to fully recover. Never again. 😖

Oh crap! I throw every nugget and coin I find, in my mouth, for a spit bath. Guess I better rethink that. Dang.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, deathray said:

Oh crap! I throw every nugget and coin I find, in my mouth, for a spit bath. Guess I better rethink that. Dang.

Same here, Smigo your takin the fun out of this game, now I`m thinking nah nah stop that tis dangerous.............🤪

• Like 2

When it comes to coils for the Axiom there is also the fact it's not security chipped giving coil makers the freedom to make whatever coils they want for it, not restricted by the manufacturer in any way. If the GPX has more coils now when you include the imaginary NF coils I don't expect it to stay that way.  Just one of the aftermarket manufacturers jumping onboard could change that very quickly.  It's pretty exciting really as it could end up with all sorts of coil designs from the spirals to the Concentrics and it would be interesting the DD's they could make for it too and what they could do with them.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Thank You Garrett Electronics & My 1 Year Axiom Thoughts
3 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Wicked good review Gerry. Thanks  !

Seems Garrett made a believer outta yer crew and YOU !

If their first try is that good , I can't wait to see the next generation too !

If this keeps up....

Maybe someday,,,,,,,someday I CAN afford a PI !

That's exactly why we need competition and options.   The more options, eventually means a better price point for my customers.  We've already seen Minelab make adjustments and that's great news for everyone on here.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Some of them are now gone, because they simply would not listen to what we tried hard to tell them. Thankfully, their demise woke Garrett up, as they decided they did not want to suffer the same fate.

Minelab made everyone take note of the old 'Axiom' (pun intended): 'Innovate or perish'. Looks like Garrett listened. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Smigo said:

Always cringe when I see people put gold in their mouths. Used to do it.

Same, did it all the time until I got a recurring ulceration on my gums. Thousands of nuggets got the 'treatment' until it got so bad that I got a pathology report saying it was a certain soil bacteria. Only occurred in WA, nowhere else. But, I wised up and stopped gobbing my gold. Now only need a bottle with some water, shake it up....same result and no infections.

• Like 3