Thank You Garrett Electronics & My 1 Year Axiom Thoughts

14 hours ago, GR Guy said:

why do you think the Axiom has a better coil selection than the GPX 6000 which when NF released will have 9 coil sizes.

I see Gerry has already responded.  1 thing to add is that Garrett have 3 DD options straight off the bat.  I actually really like the DD on the GPX6 but hate the size/shape.  A little 10X6 option would've been a great addition.   Hopefully that comes from the aftermarket teams but Garrett have sure made a statement by having 3 mono/3 DD options at release.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Aureous said:

Same, did it all the time until I got a recurring ulceration on my gums. Thousands of nuggets got the 'treatment' until it got so bad that I got a pathology report saying it was a certain soil bacteria. Only occurred in WA, nowhere else. But, I wised up and stopped gobbing my gold. Now only need a bottle with some water, shake it up....same result and no infections.

Yeah. I know one other that got an issue that was a horrid weird lump thing on his lip the size of a marble. Took several weeks of antibiotics to clear up. Yep, bit of water in my pill bottle I carry. Or just wait till back at the car if it don't fit. There's some seriously bad stuff in the ground. I knew a guy once that got real sick digging a shaft. Was he said exactly what the diggers in the trenches got in the wars, trench fever. Was real sick for quite a time. 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2022 at 8:04 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Steve H - 100% agree that Mr. Novakovich and his engineering team are making a difference.  This machine and it's price point are so great for the competition and having the features they provided us along with the performance is a real winner. Sure there will be the few who flat out will disc it (heck there's been well known dealers on this forum who were blowing it off at first) and find every way, wrong washer to down talk it.  They just assumed and we all know what what that means for they lack of knowledge.  Another part of your comments are well accepted from me as Garrett plans on staying in the game.  I sure hope they offer even more new and exciting technologies to come. 

Norvic - You know me well enough, always trying to make a bloke silly his cup while reading DP.  You also know, I've put my foot down on the dirt enough times to have a pretty good idea when something new and good is for us.  Will be interesting to see if "Axiom" makes it's way on your profile of "Gear Used".  Either way you decide, you of all know this will help keep pricing inline.

Simon - Sorry they did not price it so well for other countries.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one as I can't figure it out.  We would think, the price point would be comparative to US, but somethings surely off.  You are dead on about competition though and that's the bottom line.  We can look back just a few years ago and see how XP has done so well and that make Minelab step up their game.  The more options, the better the price point and that my friend is helpful to all.

Smigo - It's kind of a long standing joke and reputation I have with the mouth shot that started 25+ yrs ago.   I'm not sure if my body/gut has been so infected that is now used to it, that it doesn't bother me much anymore or I'm just stupid lucky.  Either way, you do bring up a great point (especially around old mine sites and free range cattle).  Thanks for pointing it out.

Northeast - You're another old timer who knows the ropes well.  As with Norvic, I hope you do give it (the Axiom) a true run and comparison vs the price point.  On a side note.  One of your interests is "Footy".  Do you wash her toes before you do that?

GR Guy - The 6 coil options are from Garrett and we don't have to worry about 2nd sourcing.  I'm all on board with NF coming out with the coils for the 6.  They sure have a way of stringing out their release though and not sure how that happened but a smart and strong company like them better make some changes next go around.  This release of the NF coils has really soured a crowd.  If/when the coils are in many hands then the more options we get the better.  My main point was from the manufacture.  Minelab offered 3 coils for the 6 and that is it. Garrett offered 6 which is twice the amount for 1 machine.  Another thing I expect about the coils from Garrett.  I'm willing to bet their price point in the US will be better as well.  Options are the bottom line that allows us more fun.  Thanks for asking my friend.

I grew up with and was friends and neighbors with a family in Saratoga California Matt, Dan and Steve Navakovich the oldest brother Matt was in my high school class and Dan worked with me in the fire Department, Dans dad George was a Captain in the local town fire department where I first started. The family owned and still runs a small farm a fruit orchard of 10 acres. Haven’t talked with any of them for over 25 years I’d guess,  I wonder and am curious if this is the same Steve Navakovich I grew up knowing as it’s kind of an unusual name outside of Slavonic nations and most hockey teams, lol?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 1515Art said:

I grew up with and was friends and neighbors with a family in Saratoga California Matt, Dan and Steve Navakovich the oldest brother Matt was in my high school class and Dan worked with me in the fire Department, Dans dad George was a Captain in the local town fire department where I first started. The family owned and still runs a small farm a fruit orchard of 10 acres. Haven’t talked with any of them for over 25 years I’d guess,  I wonder and am curious if this is the same Steve Navakovich I grew up knowing as it’s kind of an unusual name outside of Slavonic nations and most hockey teams, lol?

Different spelling as the top dog at Garrett is spelled Novakovich.  Below info from Garrett website.SteveNGarrett.thumb.JPG.ec8c4fdae5999814a74093014018c46f.JPG

• Like 1

Hey Gerry,

Great report on the new Garrett Axiom.  I haven't had much time on mine yet, most keep going out the door to customers, you know how that goes.  I did just write a quick first impression post about it.  

I think Garrett hit a Home Run on this one.  I spent most of the day with it, light, strongly built, USA made, priced right and such.  

We could only wish the overall economy was better for any manufacture releasing a new product at this time, but I think as time goes on and hopes of things economically turning around, Garrett will be glad they built this unit.

Rob

• Like 3