Thanksgiving Day Garrett Axiom Gold Nuggets

Calmark

The headphone dropout issue is related to the headphone and detector positioning, as the high frequency used does not penetrate solid objects well or at all. If your body gets between the pod and the receiver side of the headphone a drop out may occur. The receiver is in one side of the headphone, I think the side with the red led, so reversing the headphone on the head may help. Making an effort to keep the pod in clear line of site to the headphone when swinging, or setting the detector on the ground, might help.

I have an exceptionally wide swing, and noticed drop outs as my cross-swing put the detector in the far side, with my head between the pod and the receiver in the headphone. I put the issue to rest by getting the Z-Lynk receiver module, which can be placed anywhere on my body, nearest the detector. It also allows me to go wireless with the headphones of my choosing, like my Sun Ray, or ear buds in hot weather.

garrett-wr1-wireless-module.jpg

46 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The headphone dropout issue is related to the headphone and detector positioning, as the high frequency used does not penetrate solid objects well or at all. If your body gets between the pod and the receiver side of the headphone a drop out may occur. The receiver is in one side of the headphone, I think the side with the red led, so reversing the headphone on the head may help. Making an effort to keep the pod in clear line of site to the headphone when swinging, or setting the detector on the ground, might help.

I have an exceptionally wide swing, and noticed drop outs as my cross-swing put the detector in the far side, with my head between the pod and the receiver in the headphone. I put the issue to rest by getting the Z-Lynk receiver module, which can be placed anywhere on my body, nearest the detector. It also allows me to go wireless with the headphones of my choosing, like my Sun Ray, or ear buds in hot weather.

Thank you for the link to the receiver.  I may need to go that route.  I really do want to go wireless since I had in mind to use this detector on steep slopes covered in bushes.  Corded headphones constantly get snagged and its a real pain.

My audio issue was a bit odd.  It seemed the closer the headphones got to the coil, the worse the audio dropouts became.  I did have the receiver side of the headphones away from the Axiom (on the left ear, swining right-handed). At one point I did swap the sides of the headphones, but honestly I stopped using them not too long after for the day.  I'll have to do more testing, as I really would like to go wireless.