The Competition Heats Up

Norvic

Yes I asked Minelab USA about that email the other day and they would not reply?  Now it could just as easily be as already mentioned, "Buy a GPX/GPZ and get (here in US) a GM-1000.

Knowing Minelab, they are trying to keep detector sales and market share from swaying to Garrett.  Just so many turns/promos the last few weeks with Minelab and the recent release of the Axiom.

Or, there is actually another detector coming out around the same time as the Manticore and so they choose the "in pairs".

Either way, we're falling for it and peeking to see what's next.

• Like 5

Um the date in the vid said 01/12/2022, that was 11 months ago, unless they mean Dec 01.  🤣🤣

being that, I did not get this email with a video I’m assuming it is for our overseas friends

• Like 1

Look upover, downunder here the 01/12/22 is next week, ML time, now I`m getting a wee worried about the Axiom Santas bringing me may have some upover DNA command imbedded in it that wont let a downunder turn it on. In relation to JPs uncharacteristic quietness, I have noticed a sort of strange blue cloud hanging over the horizon down over JPs backyard, its been hovering there for months. I`m probably just mistaken its most likely a Min Min light and Steves upset the lad.

• Haha 4

Because of the coil options for the GPZ now they're going to have to work their butts off to make the GPZ 8 better, it would have been easy for them had the coil restrictions worked.

I can't imagine it's the GPZ 8 just yet.

One thing they need to replace is that crazy Pro-Find 35, what a waste of plastic that thing is, the best metal detecting company in the world doesn't even know how to make a decent pinpointer.

So maybe just maybe it's the Manticore and a new pinpointer, the Pro-WillFind 45.  That's a nice pair if they can work out how to make a pinpointer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

One thing they need to replace is that crazy Pro-Find 35, what a waste of plastic that thing is, the best metal detecting company in the world doesn't even know how to make a decent pinpointer.

What he said

• Like 2

Nah doubt very much that will be so, he`s been around the ridges for enough detectors to know each and every detector that`s been made/will be made has its detractors and its fans. Nah he`s out there having fun digging up that heavy stuff with another new detector.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, dig4gold said:

Probably still trying to rub the egg off his face from the 6000 debarcle.

That’s harsh.  JP doesn’t build them or work on the quality control line.  Like Steve H, he can only suggest and advise, it is up to Minelab what the final outcome is.  

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

People were saying in 2021 that the GPZ8 is due in 2022.

Yeah me included....when ML announced a new gold detector back then, we thought it was the GPZ replacement. Now a couple years usually separates new prospecting detector releases and the 'word' is that the GPZ8 prototypes have been in and out of field-testers hands for a couple years now. We'll see after the next shareholder meeting.

• Like 2