Making Preparations For Getting Underway

Dancer

Leaving this Monday for the Florida Gulf on a 3 month Campaign.  Main gun the Tarsacci backed up with the Pirate Hunter Pro.    When I left late last March, the Beaches were just finished being Heavily Sanded.   The Low Tides last year were all during night time. This year I see their mostly during day light.  So there's that and hopefully the sand has found some bottom.      On a different topic, a friend told me he seen on the news that a $40,000 ring had been found by a Metal Detector hunter somewhere in Florida.   Anyone hear about this?

• Like 3

Wishing you a most successful upcoming campaign with the Tarsaccii!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 11:02 AM, Dancer said:

Leaving this Monday for the Florida Gulf on a 3 month Campaign.  Main gun the Tarsacci backed up with the Pirate Hunter Pro.    When I left late last March, the Beaches were just finished being Heavily Sanded.   The Low Tides last year were all during night time. This year I see their mostly during day light.  So there's that and hopefully the sand has found some bottom.      On a different topic, a friend told me he seen on the news that a $40,000 ring had been found by a Metal Detector hunter somewhere in Florida.   Anyone hear about this?

Good luck, Dancer.  I know that dewcon hunts exclusively with his MDT, on Florida beaches.  If you run into any issues, he may offer a wise word or two...

Steve

• Like 1

Dancer it is cold, overcast and gloomy in Western PA.  I hope you kill it this year in Florida with the Tarsacci.  Keep posting pictures.

• Like 2

Sooooo how’s the hunting going?   Not been out much but the red tide was out a bit.  I heard someone had a heart attack on one beach because of it.  Tomorrow maybe a beach day to see if it’s moved …. Heard it was all the way up to Holmes beach.  As far as the ring it was a giveback with no reward ugh.  Personally that diamond had to be awfully awfully good because the ring was very simple

• Like 1

Welp, upere in PCB last few days we have gotten some really low,low Tides.   Along with calm, fairly warm water getting wet been pretty nice.    Thats the good news.     Stepping into the water you can wade out about as far as you care to and only waist deep.    Trouble is targets are scant at best.      In about 6 hunts barely $3 in change,  some 4-5 junky blings, a nice but small Stainless ring and yesterday a Stud Silver Ear ring (with extra lg fake stone)  As sorry as it is, a big moral boost.     Hey but the seas are calm, temps in the 70's so gotta go.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 9:34 AM, dewcon4414 said:

Sooooo how’s the hunting going?   Not been out much but the red tide was out a bit.  I heard someone had a heart attack on one beach because of it.  Tomorrow maybe a beach day to see if it’s moved …. Heard it was all the way up to Holmes beach.  As far as the ring it was a giveback with no reward ugh.  Personally that diamond had to be awfully awfully good because the ring was very simple

No reward! 
I would have tossed it back into the ocean.