Legend Or Gold Kruzer

Trying to decide between the Gold Kruzer and the Legend. Need advise from someone who has used both the Legend and Gold Kruzer. I am wanting to detect a large creek on my claims in northern California. I want a detector that is waterproof and that is excellent on very fine small gold. While I do get larger gold most is very small. The detectors I use are a Whites 24k and a GPX 5000. I can get a new G Kruzer for $375.

• Like 2

a little discussion on it here

• Like 1

According to some Facebook posts, the Gold Kruzer is being discontinued. The Legend is definitely not being discontinued. I have owned both and I absolutely prefer the Legend or the 24K over the Gold Kruzer. For me, the Gold Kruzer did not have a world class prospecting mode since it had no way to adjust things like discrimination, recovery speed or iron bias. It’s Boost and Micro modes were really good. The Legend can do those three things easily and its SMF tech can handle many ground conditions that will overload the Gold Kruzer.

The only negative with the Legend right now is the 10X5” DD has not been released yet. The Legend’s 6” coil is really good however. 

Just my opinion from using them both.

• Like 6

Phrunt, Jeff M and Steve H,

Thanks for the advise. Legend is on the way.

• Like 4

Be nice if they make a 5x9 1/2 for the Legend then it would be really good for that purpose. Too bad about GK being discontinued but if it was knock senstive then it would be useless. Any machine that is noisy or knock sensitive is counter productive.

• Like 2