George Kinsey Finds Of A Lifetime Thread

7 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

Thanks Cal. I also have 3 of your favorites found at an old trading post site along a local river.

buttons 012.JPG

Love finding Phoenix buttons!ย  I wouldn't complain if a buckle would get under my coil though ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

• Like 1

I would have thought you would dig a 2-piece California buckle in the gold fields.

ย 

56 minutes ago, George Kinsey said:

I would have thought you would dig a 2-piece California buckle in the gold fields.

ย 

I've only detected one time in gold country.ย 

I found a couple at a trading site we found that turned out to be a bit different then initially anticipated, but in a positive way.ย  Turned out to be late fur trade right into the G.R. era and then ceased to exist.ย  TomCA just dug a nice G.R. era tongue and wreath buckle, got just dug a star buckle at one of our sites that appears to have fizzled out by the mid 1850's I'd say.ย  Anything you dig there's going to be something old, but not necessarily awesome, but it'll be old, even if it's camp lead ๐Ÿ˜ย  I dug an eagle buckle at this camp on our first time, dug both sides a few feet away and managed to loose the wreath half.ย  Surprised we haven't found it, or if we have it got mixed up with another tongue.ย  Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice. ย Nice Gold.

What machine you get the gold on?

• The title was changed to George Kinsey Finds Of A Lifetime Thread
  • The title was changed to For Nctoad. It's Not Always Biscuits And Gravy