George Kinsey Finds Of A Lifetime Thread

That's a big bear. I'm surprised he didn't pull the bird feeder to the ground.

• Like 1

In 1987 I was in my mid 20"s...If I could turn back the clock I would have bought at least one metal detector instead of all those rifles, shotguns and fishing gear...I could only imagine what it was like back then. 

strick 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, strick said:

In 1987 I was in my mid 20"s...If I could turn back the clock I would have bought at least one metal detector instead of all those rifles, shotguns and fishing gear...I could only imagine what it was like back then. 

strick 

I was 36 and I to bought many fishing rods and every new detector model that came out. The relics and coins are still out there to be found if you travel those old back roads. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

I found my reference book. It's titled The French Army in America During the American Revolution. All fought at Yorktown.

The regiments are as follows: 7,13,16,17,18,26,34,41,64,68,70,74,84,85,89,104 and Navy. The 64th Suisse were Volunteers with 

Count Rochambeau. They were of Swiss National origin. They were in the Artillery. More to follow.

Thank you for these men George, I went to see and I found the feat of arms with General Lafayette, it is this side of the detection which forces respect and the memory of his men. Likewise in 1944 there were little guys from your home who came to our house saying ''Lafayette here we come''. Respect also for this friendship dating from the advent of our republics.
ronan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deathray said:

Beautiful shape. Those are pewter, right?

Brass with turret shank. No backmark. Proper.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 12:44 PM, CPT_GhostLight said:

Those are some beauties! You've got some awesome history in your area and I bet you've recovered enough great finds over the years to open your own museum. 🙂

So the locals say.

8 hours ago, deathray said:

Texas button in VA! My buddy Larry would love that. 

I'm sure Cisna would.

• Like 1