Is Aks Detector Legit?

I would like Everyone's thought on this. My Father is planning to buy a gold detector from a brand called AKS specifically AKS Multi GFIS 3d. I found the brand not very trusting cause it has few reviews and they are not very active in their official YouTube channel. Did anyone knew about this brand?

One word that come to me when i hear of these types of super duper detecting items and that is 'Bargepole' the longer the pole the better.

• Like 4

It's good you come and asked, you just dodged a very expensive bullet.

• Like 4

On 11/27/2022 at 3:26 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Stick with the companies discussed by the thousands of successful users on forums. Avoid anything making excessive claims.

I know a guy that got a long range detector 10 years back. It would point one way. Turn it off, turn it on it'd point another way. 😁  He payed over a grand Oz for it too. He took it to some guy that knew detectors repair wise to check it out. It was just simple circuits that chose random directions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smigo said:

I know a guy that got a long range detector 10 years back. It would point one way. Turn it off, turn it on it'd point another way. 😁  He payed over a grand Oz for it too. He took it to some guy that knew detectors repair wise to check it out. It was just simple circuits that chose random directions. 

In many LRL devices there is nothing physically driving the direction the unit points. No motor or gears. Just a free pivoting pointer on a handle, the direction it turns determined by how level you hold it. A LRL Disassembled. In other words, most are just dowsing devices, dressed up with electronics to make it look like something they are not.

• Like 3

If going on a boondoggle, pick one up off of ebay for $125 to $250....then at least it didn't cost ya $5000+/-.  Seems others already experienced that and are selling at 2.5-5% of list.

Let's face it.  If it were that easy, why on earth would anyone sell the tech?  Why not keep it and keep the worlds treasures to ones self?  Good will to mankind?  Why aren't these things as common as cell phones...or minelabs, or whites, or????  With a regular metal detector, you have to put in real effort to locate targets, decipher targets, cover a LOT of ground, etc.   Doubt you'd find 'tech' like this in a diamond mine...even thought they are purported to find diamonds.

During the gold rush, the best way to become wealthy was to set up shop and mine the miners.  Not that all miners failed, but the most did financially.  LRD's seem just another way to mine the miners.  I've dug holes before and found things that the detector didn't hit, so hey, did enough holes and sometimes you find something.

I'm sure there are LRL fans out there who disagree.  Best of luck to them.  Hope you find your treasure and happiness.

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

I have had a handful of users claim they can locate veins, nuggets, treasure or whatever, but when it comes down to them showing up and doing a presentation for you, they never show.  I think LRL's are a scam, never seen anyone use one that can successfully prove it.  

What I always tell someone, look at the industry experts, hobby end users and even some of the major mining companies, if they are not using one, then that should tell you something.  Don't buy into any claims that they are the only ones that know about it, know how to use it right .... blaw ... blaw ... blaw!

I'm not a big believer of Dowsing Rods either beyond maybe looking for large metal objects (buried pipes and such) or water.  I do know some of the water companies have used Dowsing, but I'm talking about searching for items like coils, gold nuggets and such.  I buried a 9+ ounce solid gold nugget and both "expert dowser's" (their words) walked right over the top of the nugget with less than 2 inches of top soil over it.  I'm sure all the other "Dowsing Experts" will tell me they didn't know how use them .... :rolleyes:

Just my thoughts,

Rob

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

I buried a 9+ ounce solid gold nugget and both "expert dowser's" (their words) walked right over the top of the nugget with less than 2 inches of top soil over it.  

Rob

😂 Classic!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

In many LRL devices there is nothing physically driving the direction the unit points. No motor or gears. Just a free pivoting pointer on a handle, the direction it turns determined by how level you hold it. A LRL Disassembled. In other words, most are just dowsing devices, dressed up with electronics to make it look like something they are not.

That's even worse. At least the guy I knew his had a red and green led light on his 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1